Chapter One

Packing up my bedroom in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, is definitely bittersweet. I'm excited for a new adventure, but for the last few years, everything I know is here. Unfortunately my parents died in a car accident when I was ten, I was sent to live with my now adoptive parents soon after. I really am lucky to have them though, a lot of other kids aren't treated well in the foster care system. I finished packing up the last of my things and took a look around my old bedroom. I knew my parents were going to make this experience good, but I was also nervous starting at a brand new school in my junior year of high school. I've never had to many friends, good thing is, I won't be completely alone, my best friend lives down in Texas with her Adoptive parents as well. I take one finally look and walk out of my childhood bedroom to find my parents pacing downstairs.
"Hey pumpkin, are you all ready to head out?" My dad asked me.
"Ready as I'll ever be, when're the movers coming to get the rest of my stuff?" I asked.
"Soon, we're getting the rest of our stuff packed away in the car and getting ready to leave, it's going to be a long drive, but it is beautiful once we get there."
I just nodded my head, I already charged everything for this trip and I intended on getting a lot of sleep as well. We had to move because of my dad, he is a doctor and was hired down in Summerville as the new Chief of Peds Surgery. My mom was just going to continue being a stay at home mom as they had a four year old who was just going to be getting started with preschool. We loaded everyone into the car and said goodbye to our home, ready to be stuck in the car for several days as we have to stop a lot for my younger brother.

Two days went by in the blink of an eye and we were finally in Summerville, a lot of our things have already been taken into the house and ready for unboxing, so I go up and get started on my room, a few hours later there was a knock on my bedroom door when I was halfway done.
"Come in!" I shouted.
"Hey girly!" A high pitched scream said, I immediately knew the voice.
"Scarlette!" I yelled.
"Well I see Scarlette finally found our house." My dad said to us.
"Can't hide this one from me Mr. James." Scarlette joked with him. "Hey Mr. James there's a beach party down a few houses from here with lots of different kids from school, would it be okay if Auribella came with me, it's kind of a back to school thing." Scarlette asked.
"I don't know, we are just getting here..." My dad sighed.
"Come on please dad, it would be good for me to meet new people." I pleaded.
"Okay okay fine, but only a few hours, then you need to come back and go to bed, you have an early morning." He said.
"EEEEeeekkkk" Scarlette and I both screamed, then ran out of the house, we live on the lake so we just have to walk down several houses before we hear the loud music and see the light from the fire. There were several different kids there and it made my social anxiety go through the roof, but I was determined to fit in this year, this is a new start for me. As we got closer I saw so many different people, Scarlette walked right up to another girl.
"Hey Winter, this is Auribella, she'll be going to our school and in our grade!" Scarlette said.
"Hi, it's nice to meet you, welcome to Summerville, you'll like our school, everyone knows everyone." Winter said.
"It's nice to meet you too! And thank you, I really appreciate it, it's good to meet people before hand, that way I know more people when I come in." I said.
"Come on, lets go get some drinks." Scarlette said, we walked to where a bunch of teens crowded around a table with different types of alcohol. Scarlette poured me something and just handed it to me, I took one drink and immediately swallowed it, and taking a step back, but I hit something...hard.
"Ow.. Oh my gosh I'm so sorry." I blurted out, I turned around a saw a really tall, handsome guy, but the next words out of his mouth made me want to punch him.
"Maybe you should watch where the fuck you're going then." He said.
"Okay, back up, you don't need to be a dick. I take back my apology asshat." I said.
"I'm sorry who do you think you're talking to." The stranger crudely said back to me.
"Names Auribella, and you are?" I asked.
"Greyson, and before you run your mouth you think you stop and think about who you're giving attitude." Greyson rolled his eyes at me.
"All I see is a rude,  arrogant, pos. If I gave a shit about what you said, I'd tell you, it was an accident, so piss off." I said. He got close to me and whispered in my ear.
"You going to regret saying that to me, unfortunately for you I have a reputation to uphold, and you just put a target on your back, good luck when you come to our school." And then he turned around trying to walk away from me.
"I'm not scared of you Greyson, bring it on." I mocked back, he walked away chuckling, and although I was frightened by him, I wasn't going to admit it.
"Damn girl, you just stuck up to bad boy Greyson, he's in the popular group, good luck with that." Winter said.
"For real girl, Greyson is bad news." Scarlette said.
"Whatever, he's a punk, nothing I can't handle. Anyway's I probably need to go home, you can stay though, don't worry about me!" I said, "tonight was fun, thanks for the invite."
"Yeah anytime, you're going to come to a lot of these now! Text me when you get home!" Scarlette said.
As I walked home I thought about Greyson, the tall, mysterious, popular boy I met several minutes ago, he was strong with brown eyes, bushy eyebrows, and facial hair. His brunette hair looked so soft, you just want to rub your hands through it, stop it, Auribella he's a jerk!
I approached the house said goodnight to my parents and headed up to my bedroom, I took a shower and laid in my new bed overthinking the situation from that night. The darkness consumed me quickly though, as it's been a long day. Finally I gave into it, and dreamt about what school would be like, the very next day.