chapter twenty-nine.

Start from the beginning

"You know what? That's why I don't like to be here with you, because you don't assess the situation." Dylan retorted. "You just dive right in."

"Oh, I'm not the one who got himself all blown up."

"Alright, you want to do this now or you wanna do this later?" The one in all black faced his opponent.

The one in all white faced the other as well. "Oh, I wanna do this now."

"You want to do this now?"

"I will kick your ass anytime. I'm the one with a fresh set of lungs."

"Oh, yeah, you're going to kick my-"

"This is the brain thing." Jamie spoke up for once, silencing the arguing going on in front of her. "This is the ketamine neurotransmitter thing, right?"

"No," Both ghosts answered at the same time, stopping their fight to look at the blonde.

She sighed in response. "Because you'd think if this were my brain doing this, the first I'd want to see, no offense, would be..." Suddenly her dog jumped up on the table and her face lit up. "Doc! Oh, there's my baby! There's my good boy. I missed you so much, yes, I did. Hi, buddy."

"Jamie," Dylan spoke up. "This is not your brain on drugs. This is death. You are dead. You're really freaking dead. You're dirt-nap dead. No-more-you dead."

"Woah," Eric interrupted, taken back by the other's bluntness. "Way too harsh. Remember, we- we're going to take it easy. That was not easy."

The girl wasn't really paying attention, she was too busy playing with her dog she missed entirely way too much. The dog seemed to miss her equally.

"Jamie... you drowned." The lung patient sighed. "In Elliott Bay. You remember that?"

"Yeah. It kind of sucked." She replied before focusing her attention back on the dog. "Who's a good boy? You are the best dog ever."

"Oh, this is going to take a while." Dylan noted.

The other shook his head before muttering, "We don't have a while. She's running out of time."

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

"Tell me," Was the first thing Derek said when Addison walked out of the room.

The red head sighed. "Her temp is still only 86. There's still no heartbeat. We're hoping once she warms up-"

"I want to go in there." The male interrupted her quickly.

"No-"

"-there is a risk of brain damage. I need to go in there. I'm going in." Derek continued to argue.

"Derek, you can't." Addison stated calmly, putting her hands on his chest to physically stop him from going into the trauma room. "You can't. Not for Jamie, not for anybody. You're in no shape." She then walked out to the interns and sighed once more. "It's not good."

"Is she still cyanotic? What was her initial temp?" Meredith asked in a quick motion. Cristina had calmed the sister down and now they were both back with the group. "I mean, why is it taking so long?"

"Dr. Grey, it's not good. They are doing everything they can. I... you should maybe, uh, prepare yourselves." The red head sighed in sadness before saying, "I have to go; my Jane Doe is awake."

"I'm coming with you," Alex said. "Iz, you'll let us know?"

Mila scoffed as she watched Addison and Alex walk away. "Prepare ourselves? That's- that's what we tell the families before we call time of death."