Chapter Eight: Our First Date

About a week later, I wake up to the sound of my door opening. I flush open my eyes to see Jeremiah standing in my doorway with two cups of coffee. I smile as I sit up. "Morning Bells." He says to me as he hands me the cup of coffee and gives me a quick kiss. "Good Morning." I reply. He sits down next to me as we drink our coffee. "What do you wanna do today?" Jeremiah asks me. I hadn't thought of that. I mean, there aren't any Deb Rehersals today and Jere has a day off. "I don't know." I answer. "Maybe we could go to lunch in town or something." I suggest. He smiles and places a kiss on my nose. "Sounds perfect." Jeremiah replies. God I lo- like him so much... "Okay well why don't we go for a swim until then?" He suggests. "Okay." I answer, giving him one more big kiss as he walks out. I decide to wear the bikini Taylor gave me for my birthday. The one I wore when we all played chicken on my birthday. It's purple, and as Jeremiah told me when I first wore it, it makes me look very hot.

I ran downstairs to meet Jeremiah outside. His jaw practically drops when he sees me, and mine when I see him. Jeremiah Fisher. The hottest guy in cousins, as most say. I never payed attention to it before this summer. He was always just Jere. And now he's... Jere. "You look..." He starts. "Hot?" I finish for him as he spins me around. We both giggle as we walk down to the ocean. "Wanna race?" He asks me. Same old Jere.... I am gonna get him. "No.." I start. He sighs and gives me a "no fun" kind of look. "I can't.. your legs are too long now. I can't do th-" and I take off running. "You cheater!" He yells to me. Somehow, Jeremiah still catches up to me and end up passing me. "How are you so fast?" I retorically ask him. Instead of answering, he picks me up and we both fall into the water. I get up for air and attack him with splashes. "Jeremiah!" I yell at him. He sneaks up behind me and wraps both his arms around my waist, lifting me up into the air before dropping me back into the water. When I come up I jump on him, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. "You're mean." I whisper. He shrugs. "You love me." (I do) and he kisses me. He breaks and starts to move his kisses down my neck before his lips are back on mine. I feel his hands slide up from my thighs, to my hips, to my waist, until they were in my hair. I break the kiss. I have to ask him now. I hop down from him and look into his eyes. "Jeremiah will you be my date to the Deb Ball?" I ask him. He smiles and shakes his head. "You have no idea how crazy you make me." He says before he kisses me again. I have some idea. Maybe the same amount of crazy that he makes me. "Of course I'll be your date, Bells." he says in between kisses. Jeremiah picks me up bridal style and carries me back to the house. I kiss him passionately as he lays me down on the couch and crawls over top of me. I want this to happen, I really do, I just don't know if I'm ready yet. Lucky for me, my annoying ass brother walks in as we are making out on the couch. "Gross!" He shouts, Jeremiah quickly gets off of me and tried to play it as if we were just sitting together, which obviously he doesn't buy. "Just because I know about you guys, doesn't mean I wanna see it." He fakes a gagging noise before walking outside. Me and Jeremiah laugh simotaniously. "Hey you know we should actually go and get changed if we wanna make lunch." Jere says, looking at his imaginary wristwatch. "Okay." I smile as I give him one more quick kiss and we both get upstairs to get ready.

Technically, this is our first date. I don't really know what we are, honestly. I really like Jeremiah and I know he likes me, but in all honesty, is he my boyfriend? I don't know. This is our very first date, however. And I want to look nice. Thanks to my genes, my hair dries very fast, I can curl it right now. I curl my hair and wear an above knee length white sun dress and white sandals. I do my makeup and look in the mirror. There are much prettier girls in cousins. Girls that Jeremiah could have any time he wanted. So just knowing that he wants me, makes my heart do summersalts. I hear a knock on my door. Must be my knight in shining armor now! I open the door and I'm shocked to be faced with Conrad. "Oh." I say. "Hi Conrad.". He doesn't smile, nor greet me at all. "What is with you and my brother?" He asks me. I wonder why he is asking me that. "What do you mean, Con?". He sighs and shakes his head. "God.." He sighs. "I thought you liked me!" He blurts. 1. I had no idea he knew how I felt. 2. I haven't had feelings for him in weeks! "What?!" I ask him, quieting down so as nobody else hears. "God Belly... This whole summer I thought you liked me back.". He plants his face in his hands. Conrad likes me?! Me?! It's not like it matters. I am happy with Jeremiah. "Conrad I am with Jeremiah, you know that." I reply. "What brought this on?". "Let me take you to the ball." He blurts out. What?! How do I tell him I am going with Jeremiah? Why is he asking me this now, he knows I'm with Jere? "I- Um.." I say. "Belly.". He says as he grabs my hand. "It's always been me. Come on." What shocks me right now is the fact that I am not even thinking about this. No. I want to go with Jere. "Conrad I'm already going to the ball with Jeremiah.". He lets go of my hand and backs away. "You know we're meant to be." He said before walking away. Just in time for Jeremiah to appear out of his room. I smile at him. "Hi." I say, trying to show off my outfit. He looks me up and down. "Wow." He says. Jeremiah is wearing khaki shorts and a short sleeve white button up. "Wow me? Wow you!" I counter. I walk up to him and hold his face as he kisses me slow. "Let's go." He says in between kisses. He wraps his arms around me as we step down the stairs and out to the car. I hop in the passenger seat and him the driver's.