Chapter 44 - The Euros

Start from the beginning

"That's a confusing way to put it," I then said, before adding: "We also played against one another in the NWSL."

"That probably would've been simpler to say," Rachel laughed.

"That's what I was going to say," I laughed.

Alessia soon came down, with some other of the English players. Keira and Ettie Walsh were walking beside each other, laughing and chatting. When the twins are beside each other, it becomes clearer that they are twins. They have the same walk, same features, but with different hair colour. It was more surprising than I thought.

"RACH!" I heard Ettie say, "we're going to the Spa."
"You coming?" Millie added, who was beside Ettie.

"Yeah, one sec," Rachel said back.

"We'll leave you to get your spa," I laughed.

"Bye guys," Rach said, but not before giving me a hug and seeing me off.

"That was slightly awkward," Ella said, as we walked with Alessia to grab a coffee.

"Yeah," I replied.

"What was awkward?" Less asked.

"Me asking how Rachel and Brads knew each other."
"Do you not know?" Less said, stunned, "it's obvious, isn't it? Through Kristie Mewis."
"Well I didn't really think before I spoke, did I?"

"It's okay, Toone," I said, "let's just leave it."

We got to the coffee shop, before sitting down and chatting together. It was nice to hang out with my Manchester United team mates again, after not having seen them since the season ended a few months prior.

"How's Jackie?" Ella asked.

"Jackie?" I questioned, not knowing why she asked me at first.

"Well, we assumed you guys were quite close now as you did spend two months together... in hiding." Less whispered the "in hiding" part, despite it not being a secret.

"It's not a secret, Less, and yeah, she is good."

"So, the big question," Ella asked, "who are you supporting in the final, hoping we get through and the Netherlands?"

"Toone, you can't ask me that!"
"Well..." Less added.

"I'm going to hope for a good game and no injuries!"

"Hm okay, I can respect that."

After an hour or so, chatting away, they had to get back to their hotel before their match later that afternoon.

I decided to just walk around London, and see where life would take me.

As I walked down the Thames, the nice, warm English air blowing against me, my phone rang.

It was Jackie.

"Hey," I said, as I picked up the phone.

"What are you doing right now?" she asked me.

"Just walking around London. Why?"

"Well, I got you a ticket."

"I already have a ticket?" I said to her.

"Well I got you a very good ticket," she added, "and I left a gift for you with the ticket so you're going to want to use it."

"Ah, okay, I will."

"The other United girls will also be there, so Millie and Katie I think." Neither Millie nor Katie got selected for the England side which wasn't surprising to me. Neither had really solidified a spot within the team.