九、𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

Start from the beginning

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

"Thanks a lot (Y/N)-chan..." he mumbled while hugging you tighter. You smiled warmly and hugged him back. Both of you stayed for a while until you let go of the hug, realizing the sky had become darker.

"Ah! It's late! Mitsuki and Masaru-san are gonna be really worried!" you said while panicking.

Even though Hawks wanted you to stay longer with him, he understands that you need to go back home. So he spread his wings widely and scooped you into his arms, carrying you in bridal style. He flew into the sky as you giggled in excitement, burying your head in his chest.

"So~ Where's the house (Y/N)-chan?" he asked.

You gave him the directions and the two of you finally arrived. He slowly landed in front of the house, and you thanked him while still holding the feather tightly in your hand. He ruffled your hair and gave you a last hug. He waved at you while slowly flying away, leaving you standing in front of the door nervously. After all, you're the one who left without telling anyone and nearly killed yourself.

You rang the doorbell hesitantly, which it immediately opened, revealing Mitsuki's worried figure and the two others behind her. She embraced you in a hug which Masaru joined too, and Katsuki also joined awkwardly a few moments later.

She hugged you tightly and said "You worry us so much (Y/N)-chan!"

"I'm sorrry..." you said, feeling guilty while lowering your head.

"I understand we're not blood-related, but I love you like you're my own daughter... So please (Y/N)-chan! Please open up to us and tell us what's wrong..." She said as the corner of her eyes held tears.

Tears started welling inside your eyes and it slowly fell down. You finally cried out load "I miss them so, so much! I don't know what to do! I miss mom's warm hugs and dad's jokes! But when I realised they're not here anymore, I can feel my heart starting to grow a hole... I feel empty. I just want to believe that everything is just a nightmare, and it'll all be gone after I wake up... but it's reality... I don't want them to die... I just want them to love me like they used to do..."

All of them let go of the hug as Mitsuki stared deeply into your eyes "I miss them too... We all miss them. But it doesn't mean they're gone forever, they're still living inside our hearts and we all know they're always with us. We'll love you just like they do. You're part of our family now, right?"

You choked into a sob and answered "Y-yeah!"

Masaru patted your head and said "We all welcome you to join our family, right Katsuki?"

All of them looked at him, waiting for his answer. Katsuki lowered his head as a dark shadow formed under his eyes "Yeah..."

"Family... is that so?"  he thought while biting his bottom lip.

╔══ ꒦꒷♡꒷꒦꒦꒷♡꒷꒦꒦꒷♡꒷꒦══╗

I sat on the branch of a tall tree while looking inside the house through the window. A smile formed on my face as I saw them hugging together. I'm glad (Y/N)-chan is fine with her new family, they seem nice. My gaze moved to a blonde-haired kid who seemed to be the same age as her. My smile dropped and formed a frown. I should be happy for her to have a sibling, but why am I feeling like this... am I jealous?

I shaked my head to let those thoughts leave my head as I recall how I met her...