"He's right." Hermione said. "But why with just your mum, Raven? What about your dad?" She asked and Ron elbowed her with a look saying stop.

"My dad's dead, Hermione." I said with no expression. Her and Harry winced and went wide-eyed.

"Oh...I'm sorry." She said in a sad tone.

"It's no problem." I said getting up. "I'll see you guys later." I walked off.

Hermione POV

After Raven had walked off I spoke up. "I feel bad for asking him about his dad. He had no expression on his face." I said.

"I'm sure he's not mad, Hermione." Harry said. "It's not like you knew."

"I'm guessing you knew, Ron?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I asked Mum about it once when I was 5, and she said he died during the First War, and made me swear not to pry Raven or his mum about it." Ron explained. "She also said it took a toll on his mum."

"But she seemed alright when we met her in Diagon Alley." I said. "She was smiling and laughing."

"Well yeah, time heals wounds. She probably isn't affected by it much anymore." Ron said. "Plus I'm sure she's done her best to stay strong for Raven. You know, raising him by herself and all." We all nodded sadly and sat in silence for a bit.

"I think it's best not to bring it up again. We've got enough to worry about at the moment." Harry said. "I'm sure we'll be told when it's time." We all agreed.

Raven POV

I walked off from the trio and headed to the courtyard. I wasn't really comfortable talking about my dad. I've never met him, and I know Mum's told me a lot about him, but I feel it's not my place to tell other people about him. I felt like only Mum had the right, as she knew him and saw him die. I sighed sitting down on a bench. I should tell them one day though. They are my friends and have the right to know. But just not now, we've got enough going on. I looked up to the snowy night sky.

"Raven?" I heard a familiar voice call me. I turned my head to see Eve.

"Eve, Hey what's up?" I said back.

"What are you doing out here at night?" She asked concerned. "Aren't you cold?" She asked running up to me.

"Only a little bit." I said.

"Well come on back in. I don't want you catching a cold. We've got a game this Saturday." She said pulling me to my feet.

"Just so you know, I've never caught a cold." I said as we walked back inside.

"Really? Never? Not even a little bit?" She asked and I just shook my head. "Hmm, interesting. Well are you ready for the match against Hufflepuff?"

"Heck yeah, I've been waiting for this. They're keeper won't see me coming." I said proudly.

"That's the spirit! Show them what you've learned." Eve said. We made it to the common room and parted ways. "Night, Raven." She said going to her dorm.

"Night, Eve." I said back and took a seat on one of the chairs. I pulled out some homework and began working on it.

Thursday came around and we were discussing a plan to steal from Snape's stores, before our double potions class with him came up. "What we need is a diversion." Hermione said. "Then one of us can sneak into Snape's office and take what we need."

"I think Hermione and I should handle this one. You two will get expelled as you're in enough trouble." I said. Harry and Ron nodded. "I can create a diversion, Hermione I'll leave the stealing to you."

Auror's Son | Book 2 Harry Potter x OCजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें