four

chapter four

chapter four... ❝𝐰𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞❞

THE SECOND THEY GOT OUT OF THE CAR, kallie and conrad headed straights toward the drinks. conrad grabbed some type of beer and kalllie grabbed a pepsi. the two then headed towards the fire, but not before conrad got stopped by a pretty girl with braids in her hair and a red sox hat on. "conrad!" she exclaimed before giving him a hug.

"uh, hi." he said while hugging her back hesitantly.

"come on, let's go over there," she told him while pointing in the opposite direction of where they were going. while also completely ignoring kallie's presence. while nicole started walking away, conrad stayed back to talk to kallie. "you gonna be okay?"

"connie, i'll be fine. go hang out with red sox girl, she's pretty." she told him with a smirk. conrad rolled his eyes with a smile before walking away to go sit with nicole.

one summer ago, conrad and nicole went to the debutante ball together. it was while the barnes had to leave early to go visit their grandparents who were moving back to france, and the conklins left because steven had to go look at some colleges. conrad didn't really want to go to the ball. he always told himself that if he went to a deb ball it would have to be with kallie. but nicole needed a partner at the last minute and she somehow convinced conrad to go with her. to conrad it was just a harmless ball with a friend. but to nicole, it was more, she had feelings for conrad. but considering the fact that he would barely even hold her hand, she knew he didn't like her. but maybe this summer he would. that night at the bonfire, when she saw conrad and kallie laughing together and hanging out together, she knew that conrad didn't like nicole, he like kallie. he never looked at nicole the way he looks at kallie, he never laughed as much with her as much as he did with kallie. but instead of being a decent human being about it, nicole decided to hang out with him during the bonfire so that kallie couldn't. they hang out everyday anyway? right? but what nicole didn't know was that conrad's mood changed the second he left kallie's side. the whole time he was with nicole he had a fake smile plastered on his face. hoping nicole wouldn't notice.

kallie on the other hand sat by the waves sipping her pepsi. usually, on a night like this, she would be drinking a beer. but tonight she felt like being sober. she sat there thinking about life, and looked around to see jacob hooking up with some girl he probably just met. steven was talking to a really pretty girl, jere was getting a drink, and belly was standing in front of conrad and nicole. kallie furrowed her eyebrows at the sight of the younger girl i thought she didn't want to come?. nonetheless, she still got up from her spot to go and greet the girl. "belly! you're here!" she heard jeremiah say, "now we can all hang out!"

"yeah, well i'm about to take her home." steven told the boy, annoyed. as he appeared.

"oh come on steven! let her have fun for once!" kallie told him while walking up.