"You seem to be the type of person who enjoys extracurricular activities, don't you?"

"Pfft! I'm actually the opposite because I'm lazy, but there are times I'm not. It depends on my mood," I answered.

"But when it comes to Xiao, you're relentless," he commented. I looked away and tried to hide my blush, but it was pointless because he had clearly seen how I reacted.

He slightly giggled, then sighed. "You made me recall my first love."

I widened my eyes and shockingly met his gaze. Did my ears hear that correctly? Kazuha had fallen in love with someone. I mean, everyone does, especially during their youth, but it made my jaw drop to know that the ancestral princess' heart is not made of stone.

"You had a look on your face saying that you don't believe the word I said."

I coughed. "You just surprised me. I never thought that you had been in a relationship with someone."

He suddenly laughed. "No, that never happened because we didn't end up together."

"How come?"

He lowered his head and played with his thumbs. "It was one-sided."

I scoffed. "And so? He can like you too."

"What you said is impossible."

My lips formed a pout. "It could happen! You never know unless you confess."

He leaned his back on the bench and smiled at me. "It's fine. I have already carried on. Besides, he's utterly difficult to reach him nowadays."

I know that deep inside he hasn't moved on because behind that smile is a painful scar that hasn't healed yet. I was about to comment on what he said, but my phone suddenly rang, which caught our attention. I looked at it, and Xi's name flashed on the screen.

"Sorry. I have to take this." He nodded his head, signalling me that it's fine. I moved a bit to the side and answered the call.

Aether
Hello?

Xi
Jeez! Took you long enough to pick up my call.

Aether
My phone, my rules. Anyways, why are you calling me?

Xi
Earth to Aether? Have you forgotten Venti's birthday? He said that we should celebrate it at Dawn Winery and probably prepare ourselves because it seems that he has a plan to make us drunk.

Wow. I didn't expect that this day would come. The day that I will drink alcohol. It amazed me to think that Venti was true to his words when he said that we will drink on his birthday.

Aether
I have to ask my sister first. I will just text you if she replies.

Xi
Suits yourself but we will abduct you either way, with or without consent from your sister.

Aether
Shoo! Get away evil spirits.

Xi
Whatever! By the way, have you seen Kazuha?

Aether
He's with me. Why?

Xi
Great! Invite him too. Meet you two at the parking lot and you better show up. See ya!