Uzui nodded, before continuing, "EVEN IF YOU CUT MY LIMBS OFF, I'LL COME BITING AT YOU! BESIDES, I'VE ALREADY FIGURED OUT HOW TO BEAT YOU GUYS!!"

As Uzui kept going, Tanjirou gazed into his eyes with a sense of nostalgia, "JUST CUT YOUR HEADS OFF AT THE SAME TIME!! YOU'LL BOTH DIE SIMULTANEOUSLY!!!"

Uzui's smile grew even wider than before as you stepped forwards beside him, "THIS HAS TO BE IT. I HAVE NO REASON TO SPLIT YOU GUYS APART AND TO TAKE THE WEAK LITTLE SISTER ALIVE!! HAAAAAAAAHH!! YOU GUYS ARE EASY!!"

Inosuke let out a cackle, "GUAAWHAHWHAH!! HOW SIMPLE!! OF COURSE, WE'RE GONNA WIN!! THERE'S NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!"

Sōta nodded, "Well, when you put it that way.. it sounds easier than I thought..!" Eli vigorously nodded his head, "Mhm.. mhm." He then looked up at the two demons, "You just got.."

He furrowed his brows, trailing off, "..fuck.. what's that one word in chess?!" You chimed in, pointing a finger at Gyutaro and Daki, "YOU JUST GOT CHECKMATED!! AHAHAH!!"

Eli yelled at you with an irk mark on his forehead, "(Y/N), WHAT THE HELL!? YOU JUST STOLE MY FUCKING THUNDER!!" You cackled, "HAHAH!! YOU FORGOT THE WORD, SO I FINISHED IT!! BESIDES, I EXECUTED IT MUCH BETTER THAN YOU COULD!!"

Before Eli could fire back at you, Gyutaro interrupted, "That 'simple' can't be done, because you demon slayers are dead, maaaan. As for pillars, we've ate numbers of them. I got fifteen, my sister's got seven."

Daki followed up with a cocky smile, "That's right! Nobody will be alive by sunrise. The long night will forever be our strongest ally!!"

With that, she sent an array of obi towards you, Tanjirou and Uzui, to which none of you expected. As the obi neared you, and as you prepared to get hit, a flash of yellow darted around the room like a pinball.

Zenitsu.

He then burst through the ceiling, taking Daki along with him.

You and Tanjirou yelled out in sync, "Zenitsu!"

Inosuke then pointed to himself and Sōta, "LEAVE MAGGOT GIRL TO ME, SLEEPYHEAD, AND MR. UPTIGHT! YOU GUYS GO GET MANTIS BOY!! GET IT!!"

An imaginary arrow impaled Sōta as he comically shouted, "WHAT THE HELL?! AM I MR. UPTIGHT?!" He gripped his hair in disbelief, "THERE'S NO WAY I'M UPTIGHT!! YOU KNOW WHAT, YOU'RE UPTIGHT— UWAAAH!!"

Inosuke began to pull him away, running to the fight with Daki and Zenitsu.

『✦』

Meanwhile, on a roof a few buildings away, both Zenitsu and Daki were having an intense standoff.

There was a slight chill in the wind as the cloud of dust that surrounded Zenitsu slowly disappeared into the air.

Zenitsu laid one hand on the sheathe of his nichirin blade, his eyes still closed as he looked down at the ground. It would've been badass if he still weren't dressed as a girl.

Daki finally landed on the rooftop as she put a hand down to soften her landing. She snapped her head upwards to face the culprit, only to find out it was Zenitsu.

She gritted her teeth, her fangs coming into view, "You..! From back then..! You're the ugly 'girl' who talked back to me..! How dare you!!"