Chapter 2

Grissom and I agreed on dinner at his townhouse before shift. He said we had a lot we needed to discuss, and he didn't want any interruptions. He wanted to cook for me and asked me to come to his place around seven. Needless to say, I was barely able to get any sleep. Now I'm standing in my closet, freshly showered, trying to decide on what to wear. I rarely dress up, unless I have court, but I want to look good for Grissom. I've waited far too long for this chance, and I don't plan on screwing it up.

After rifling through the closet for almost thirty minutes, I decide on a black pair of slacks, a sleeveless red blouse and black flats. I curl my hair in loose waves and put on a minimal amount of makeup, giving my eyes a smoky look. I add a thin, silver necklace to complete the look before grabbing my keys and heading out of my apartment.

It's six forty-five when I pull into Grissom's driveway, parking beside of his Tahoe. I'm an anxious ball of energy. This is Griss, the one person that I'm most comfortable with in the world. I shouldn't be nervous but I know that this evening could potentially change the entire trajectory of our relationship. Tonight, we will either begin or end something between us.

I climb out of my car and head toward Grissom's front door. Taking a deep breath, I knock on his door and wait. After barely a minute, the door opens to reveal a very delicious looking Gil Grissom. He's wearing a pair of dark jeans with a gray polo shirt and his glasses. He's also barefoot. Oh God. I think I just had a mini orgasm at the sight of him.

"Hello, Sara." Grissom greets me with a smile as he ushers me inside.

"Hi, Griss." I smile back at him as I cross the threshold into his home.

"You look absolutely stunning." He says and I watch his eyes travel from my face, down my body and back up.

"Thank you." I reply, hoping he doesn't catch the shiver that goes through me at his words. "You look pretty good yourself."

Grissom gives me another smile that I swear I feel down to my toes. He steers us toward his kitchen, directing me to a bar stool at his kitchen island. He walks to one of the cupboards, pulling out two wineglasses before setting them on the island separating us. He takes a bottle of wine out of the fridge, Pinot Noir, and pours us each a glass, handing me one. I smell something heavenly in the air as I watch him pull something out of the stove.

"Whatever that is, smells amazing." I say as I watch him move around his kitchen.

"Vegetarian lasagna with garlic bread." Grissom smiles as me.

My mouth drops open. I'm floored that he's remembered me being a vegetarian, especially after the whole blow up we had over ground beef a while back. My face must register my shock because Griss gives me a questioning look.

"You remembered that I'm a vegetarian?" I ask him, my voice full of surprise.

"I remember everything when it comes to you, dear Sara." Grissom blushes as he goes about dishing our food onto plates.

This man never ceases to surprise me. I think I know him and then he throws a curve ball like that and completely throws me off balance. He places the plates down on the island before grabbing his glass of wine and taking a seat on the bar stool beside me. I give him a small smile as I dig into my food. Before I can stop it, I let out an appreciative moan once the lasagna hits my tongue. Holy hell, Gil Grissom can cook.

"Good?" He chuckles from beside me as he takes a sip of his wine.

"Oh my God. This is amazing." I moan through another bite, not even the least bit embarrassed that I'm talking with my mouth full.

"I'm glad you approve, Miss Sidle." He gives me a brilliant smile.

We continue to eat, talking about mundane things like our open cases and Greg's wacky escapades in the lab. Once we're both finished with our meal, we sit in silence for a few moments.