"Mhm.. Oji"

"Yes?"

The two talked for quite a while, what else was Yiro suppose to do, he bombarded his uncle with questions that even stunned him a few times and by the time you know it, around ten minutes had passed. Unfortunately, Yuri had to go somewhere now so they said their goodbyes and finished up.

Yiro hung up on the call, although his mood got better from the call, he became a little grouchy again after Mike still hadn't arrived. How dare he make him wait for over half an hour, he was a six year old boy. He's totally telling on him, Yiro sat back down on the floor where he picked up the newspaper and started reading the small comic strips at the back.

After a few minutes, that now seemed to pass by fast due to his attention on the comic strips, a knock was heard on the door. Yiro grabbed his stool, jogged to the door, placed the stool and checked who was outside by the peephole.

Lo and behold, a nervously chuckling Mike Schmidt, his uncle's friend, also his babysitter, was on the other side of the door, Yiro clicked his tongue before opening the door. He crossed his arms and stared at the black haired man.

"So.. would you believe me if I said my apartment caught on fire, my car broke down and my train was late?"

Yiro raised an eyebrow and pressed his lips in a thin line, Yiro stood back on the stool, motioned for Mike to crouch to his height, which he did, and Yiro pinched his cheek "yes but you were still late" he said before jumping off the stool and dragging him to the living room where he picked up the newspaper and sat down.

Mike shrugged, he'd been babysitting Yiro for around five years now and the child was always pretty mature and understanding, even with all his unfortunate mishaps. The small boy held up and asked Mike to confirm a few things in the puzzle, which Mike, happily corrected and explained.

"Seize and osmosis.. Oh I hadn't thought of that"

Yiro pondered before erasing his previous answer and writing the correct one, Mike patted his head "the rest are correct though, good job kid" Yiro nodded, If you looked closely, his ears were a slight shade of red. Yiro likes compliments but it's different matter when he receives it.

"Oh have you had lunch yet?"

Yiro looked up and shook his head, Mike smiled and stood up, he stretched his arms and headed to the kitchen, Yiro following right behind him. Picking him up by the armpit, he hoisted Yiro up and sat him on the counter "what does the little prince want?" he asked, Yiro thinking with his finger on his chin as he swayed his legs "can you make pigs in a blankie?" he muttered, thinking to himself if they even had the ingredients for it.

Mike chuckled and nodded, looking around the pantry and the fridge, finding ingredients that just work, he nodded in confirmation that he can, indeed, make pigs in a blanket. Yiro smiled brightly and waited patiently on the counter, talking with Mike as he prepared and cooked.

As Yiro was babbling on with random topics, he suddenly remembered a scene he saw last time he went outside to play and buy more books, he tugged on Mike's sleeve, being careful not to disrupt the chef but still catching his attention.

"What's school like?"

He asked, looking at the ceiling as he waited for Mike's answer, Mike patted his hands, wiping off the excess grease on his hands before placing the tray in the oven. He hummed "well, you get to meet a lot of people, discuss over subjects, struggle on school work and.. hmm, have a social life?" he laughed, looking at the boy who was staring in wonder.

"School.. Oji said I'm probably too smart for my age.."

Yiro stared at his babysitter as he recalled the one time his uncle tried to bring him to a normal kindergarten and he ended up getting in trouble in less than five minutes. Needless to say, he almost fried a caretaker's brain by asking trivia question to ease his curiosity then got bored, which ended with him now asking questions to purposely make the adult feel stupid.