Chapter Ten - Strange New Creature

Peter stared at the two of them and slowly took a few steps back. He supported himself by the side of the wigwam, out of view. He slowly raised his eyebrows. Never, never would he have thought Slightly was thinking about him this way. And deep down he knew his lad was right. He sighed deeply and pressed two of his fingers against the side of his neck. There it was. There was that beating again. He just couldn't get the imagine of his lad kissing his mother. He felt a stab in his chest. He slowly peeked through the opening of the tent again. His eyes found the lady and stared at her with his green eyes.

He looked through the opening ones again, staring at the lady with his blue eyes. He couldn't help himself, she was pretty. Peter closed his eyes, For once, he wished he could remember. He was the only one in Neverland that seemed to struggle to remember something every now and then. It weas part of the riddle of his being. A permanent youth came with its prize. The truth was: he was the only one not growing older. His boys sometimes did, and when they got too old for his liking, he either banished them or killed them. But since the time moved very slow on the island, that wouldn't be a concern for now. Maybe after ten moon cycles. Peter wondered how his joys with Wendy were, since just like Wendy, he couldn't remember them. He had forgotten about Wendy's brothers already, while he had met them a few hours ago. Though, he never forgot about Wendy, but just his memories with her, he can't remember them, neither his feelings.

His eyes widened when he saw Wendy getting up. She told Slightly she was going for a walk. She couldn't know Peter had been peeking at her and he quickly flew back to the campfire, to sit down next to Nimueh, who was awfully quiet. She was poring a wooden stick in the sand and stared absently in the fire. "What's wrong Nimueh?'' he asked. It had been awhile since he had brought her into the hideout, and she had regained her strength by now. "I want to go back to my sisters'', she whispered and slowly looked up at him. Peter swallowed. He did not want her to go, but he wouldn't let keep her here unwanted. He could understand that her real passion was swimming, not walking. If he could choose, he preferred to fly rather than walk as well. "I understand.. when will you go back?'' he asked quietly. Nimueh shrugged a shoulder. "Soon."

Peter nodded. "Wendy lost her memories'' he blurred out. He could see in Nimueh's eyes she didn't liked the fact he started about her, but he didn't care. He just couldn't help but feel worried. He was wondering what effect it had on Neverland, now she didn't remember. Was it good or bad? He didn't know. He knew almost everything about Neverland, and just the fact this was a mystery to him, frustrated him. From out the corner of his eyes he could see how Wendy left the tipi and walk into the dark jungle.

Outside of the camp, there was not a thing as a light. The camp was lighted but by a campfire, outside of it, it was dark. Except for a few little fairies with their sparkling little lights. The fairies flew in different directions and it was such a lovely sight. Wendy was amazed by the beauty of it, since she never had seen any of it before.
She didn't know where she was going, but she didn't really mind. At least walking calmed herself down a little. The boy with the knife was called Peter. She used to like him, but she couldn't figure out why. What was masking him special? He probably never heard of such a thing as a pants, or a shower. Why would she fall for a glider?

Suddenly she heard the sound of rustling leafs. She immediately bit her lip and looked behind her. Was someone following her? ''Slightly?'' She tried.

No answer.

Wendy tried not to make any sound, as to hear what of who it was in the bushes. ''Who are you?!'' She lightly panicked. If it wasn't Slightly, then who was it?

Suddenly something flew up. It was a dark human-shaped.. What could it be?

Wendy looked at it. Never in her life she had seen such a thing like that. She looked confused at it. "Hello?"

The dark human-shaped turned to her, if it had eyes, it would probably stare at her now. "Hello Wendy" it whispered.

It could speak?

Wendy backed away and stood against the tree. "What are you and how do you know my name?!" Her voice was shaking. "Why I am Pan's Shadow" it whispered and did a somersault in the air. His voice sounded like it came out a cartoon movie. "I have heard you lost your memories?"