Chapter 9

Cynthia's POV:

I went back to David's room and he was lying in bed with his eyes close and his headphones on. I couldn't help but smile. He looked so calm and relaxed. I was going to leave but I thought of something better. I jumped next to him causing him to fall to the floor. I couldn't help by laugh.

"I'm s-sorry Da-avid" I said laughing hard. He gave me a dirty look while getting back on bed. "I didn't mean for you to fall I swear" I smiled and he just rolled his eyes. "Are you okay?" He sighed.

"Yeah, it's just... I'm kind of feeling a little homesick" he looked down.

"Hey, it's okay" I sit next to him. "It's normal being homesick when you are not used to be far away for a long period of time. But you are following your dream" I smiled.

"I know" he grinned. "I just really hope this works out. I mean, I'm taking the place of Dalton. He is freaking amazing!" He bit his lip nervously.

"So are you. Don't ever doubt on yourself"

"I guess"

"So it's a nice day, so we shouldn't stay at home. Let's go somewhere" I get up and grabbed his hand.

"Where do you want to go, Sparkles?"

"Park! I haven't skate in a while" I smiled. He rolled his eyes.

"You know I can't skate"

"That's why I'll teach you" I ran downstairs "Get ready!" I yelled.

I went downstairs and there was William writing in his notebook and Dana was sitting in the couch just listening to music. I went next to Dana and lay down, resting my head in his legs. He looked down at me and smiled.

"What do you think you're doing? I'm not a pillow" he said taking his headphones off.

"Well you are as comfy as a pillow" he chuckle.

"What do you want?" I punched him in the arm.

"Hey! Don't say that as if you didn't like my company" He laughs. "I was just going to ask you guys if you wanted to go to the park. David and I are going"

"Yeah, that sounds fun" William added. "I'm kind of stuck in this new song I'm trying to write and I need a break"

"Okay so everyone up and let's go" I said "Where's Cole?"

"Up in his room" Dana answered. "Okay we have to change Will"

"Why? I like my shirt"

"You won't attract girls with a shirt that says Food is life"

"But food IS life" I giggled and went upstairs. I went to Cole's room and he was sitting staring at his phone. I bite my lip. I didn't know if he wanted to talk again. I sighed and just went inside.

"Hey Cole" I smiled.

"Oh, hey Sparkles"

"Soooo, do you have any plans for today? The guys and I were thinking on going to the park"

"Oh yeah sure. I have nothing else to do" He looked down to his phone again.

"Did you call Natasha?"

"Uh yeah I did..."

"And...?"

"I don't know she didn't answer" he pulled his hair a little. He was nervous. "I left a voicemail. A really freaking weird voicemail"

"What do you mean?"

"It started good as a "Oh hey it's Cole, I was wondering if you wanted to do something later" but then I started over thinking and it ended up being "uhh I'm not a creep. Your friend gave me your number. Yeah I mean I did want it but just to chill you know. That's it" and it followed with a "you know what it's raining inside my house maybe another time bye" and that was it" I did my best on trying not to laugh. How did that voicemail ended like that?

"So she hasn't called back?"

"After that voicemail? I think she won't"

"Come on! It was that bad, Cole"

"You are just saying that because you are my friend"

"No. I'm saying that because it was funny. She will probably laugh at it. Hear it a couple of times. Keep laughing at it. And then she will call you" I grinned and he looked at me 'angry.'

"Not funny"

"Uh.. just a little funny" he smiled. "Come on, let's go to the park and skate until she calls you"

"Wait. You skate?" he opened his eyes surprised.

"Duh! Of course! Do you?"

"YES! Let's go" he grabbed his skateboard and pull me by the hand. We went out of his room and ran into David. He stared at us for a second. His eyes turn black as he continues looking at us. He eyes started staring at our hands intertwined. I felt a shiver all through my back. I pulled apart quickly. Cole started walking downstairs and we just stood there. He was looking deeply into my eyes. His eyes looked bothered. I move a step closer and suddenly he pushed me against the wall. I could feel his body against mine. I was trapped. I looked up and got lost in those hazel eyes. I could feel his breath against my lips. I lost it. I looked down and noticed how perfect his lips were. How could I never notice how handsome he is? He started to come closer to my face. I could feel his nose touching mine. I close my eyes. Just waiting for the touch of my best friend's lips.