1. great balls of fire

.・。.・゜✭・✈︎・✫・゜・。.

・゜✭・✈︎・✫・゜・。

ch. 1
great balls of fire
🍻

.・。.・゜✭・✈︎・✫・゜・。.

'you shake my nerves and you rattle my brain
too much love drives a man insane
you broke my will, but what a thrill
goodness, gracious, great balls of fire!
i laughed at love 'cause I thought it was funny
but you came along and you moved me, honey
i changed my mind, this love is fine
goodness, gracious, great balls of fire!'

GREAT BALLS
OF FIRE
- miles teller

.・。.・゜✭・✈︎・✫・゜・。.

miramar, ca

we make our way to the hard deck and walk inside. i spot a group of aviators by the pool table and make my way over, sending my dad a smile over my shoulder.

"why, hello there," a blonde man smiles, looking down at my callsign that was placed clear on my uniform. "well if it isn't the rookie top gun champ. and here i thought we were special."

i shrug off the compliment, "i'm no rookie up there, i'm sky." i raise my hand for a handshake to the aviator playing pool. she accepts the handshake. "phoenix," she smiles, now placing her arm around the blonde's shoulder. "this here's bagman."

"hangman," he corrects her, winking at me.

"whatever," she scoffs, pushing him away.

"who needs more drinks?" i count the crowd and find some familiar faces.

"hiya, boys," i smile at fanboy and payback, the boys i graduated from top gun with just days before. while fanboy is the wso to payback, i fly solo.

"long time no see, sunny," fanboy says, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "have you met the others? this is bob."

"oh, what's your callsign?"

"bob."

"oh."

"i'm phoenix's wso," he smiles, carefully reaching his hand over to me. i take that he's shy and accept the handshake.