Chapter 11: The First Battle

Yessir we are back!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michikatsu: "Up ahead, let's rest for a bit"

We stop as we find a river ahead.

Yoriichi: "Tired?"

Michikatsu: "When you've been running all day, yea I might be a little tired"

I set my belongs down and take my canteen to drink a bit of water. Michikatsu walked over to the river and began to observe it.

Michikatsu: "It flows down that way. I'm certain we might end up at this Kuoh soon"

Yoriichi: "That's good. Shall we eat?"

Michikatsu: "I don't see why not"

I turn to him and question something that's been on my mind lately.

Yoriichi: "You didn't have to come, you know?"

Michikatsu: "I know. Yoriichi, you are my sworn brother. I wouldn't leave you on your own unless I know you can do it by yourself"

Yoriichi: "You think I need help?"

Michikatsu: "No, but I know how important this mission is to you. So I'll join you. If it's a 100 percent success with you alone, then that makes it 200 if we're together"

He pats my head a little as he brings out 2 bento from his bag.

Michikatsu: "Here, let's eat"

I accept it as a smile forms on my face.

Yoriichi: "Thank you.. brother"

We dig in and catch some rest before the sun rises.

Michikatsu: "The Moon is out, my mother will be protecting us"

Yoriichi: "And when sun rises, grandmother Amaterasu will be watching over us. Guiding us to our goal"

Michikatsu: "That means no matter what, we are always being blessed by a Goddess. Sounds pretty cool, don't you think?"

I nod as I see him start closing his eyes.

Michikatsu: "Goodnight Yoriichi"

Yoriichi: "Goodnight Michikatsu"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After packing up, I turn to see the sun barely rising up over the mountains.

Yoriichi: "All set?"

Michikatsu: "Ready"

We turn and begin sprinting towards the direction Kuoh was located at.

Michikatsu: "I heard there are a lot of supernatural beings over there"

Yoriichi: "Who said?"

Michikatsu: "Mother. I saw her in my dreams and let me know before waking up"

Yoriichi: "That's good"

Michikatsu: "I'm excited to see what these humans live like. Our people live traditionally while I heard from mother and my teacher that they live way more advanced"

Yoriichi: "Like what?"

Michikatsu: "They have stuff like.. our radios, but there's show pictures of what's happening"

Yoriichi: "REALLY?!"

Michikatsu: "Yes!! They also have these metallic animals that move faster than horses"

Yoriichi: "Woah.."

Michikatsu: "Some are huge and some are relatively large. We have to watch out for them since they are quite dangerous to get hit by"