Chapter 13: Believe

Nice new servants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoriichi: "Did you see anything you liked?"

Michikatsu: "I want to hurt you. Not too badly, but hurt you nonetheless for asking that"

I was working on the food as Michikatsu dropped by to help after his private bath.

Yoriichi: "*chuckles* Here. Put these with the dish and we should be done pretty soon"

Michikatsu: "Tempura Udon. Haven't had it in years it feels like"

Yoriichi: "I hope you enjoy it then brother"

I put the final touches as he helps me bring the bowels to the table where everyone was waiting.

Yoriichi: "Foods ready"

Kalawarna: "Udon time"

She immediately began to dig in as Dohnaseek and Mittelt added some ingredients of their own. Raynare on the other hand was looking at it for a bit.

Raynare: ".. Looks good"

Yoriichi: "It is if I may say so. Try it"

She looked over to me as I gave her a smile. She gazed at me a little scornfully as she tried it. For a split second, I saw her expression change to a more happier mood. It showed me that beneath all that bravado is a kinder side.

Raynare: "I'll give you this, it's decent"

Yoriichi: "Didn't look like you felt that way just a sec-"

Raynare: "Shut up!!"

She pulled her bowl closer as she avoided any eye contact with me. I was happy she was enjoying it though.

Yoriichi: "Well then, let's enjoy our first meal together"

Michikatsu: "You said it Yoriichi"

We dug in as our conversations went from the incident with the shower room to who is the best cook to a little rivalry between Michikatsu and Kalawarna regarding who'd be a better cook. It was an enjoyable time.

Yoriichi: "I'll wash the dishes"

Kalawarna: "He acts like a housewife. Am I the only one seeing that?"

Mittlet: "I see a good doggy"

Dohnaseek: "Don't look at me. I'm just enjoying the fact we can have home-cooked food for once"

Kalawarna: "Raynare?"

The leader had finished and shifted her attention elsewhere.

Raynare: "I'm heading off to take a shower"

She left as I picked up her bowl.

Yoriichi: "I just like to help out that's all"

Michikatsu: "He's kindhearted. Sometimes a little too kindhearted though"

He said while bringing me over.

Yoriichi: "I'm aware enough to fall for a trap!!"

Michikatsu: "Reeaally?"

I pouted a little as Michikatsu didn't seem convinced.

Yoriichi: "Yes really!!!.. I'll go wash the dishes now"

I take off as Michikatsu sits back down to talk with the rest.

Michikatsu: "So what's the deal? You guys don't really get out of the church much?"

Kalawarna: "When we want to? Sure. We take care of this place for the most part since it's the safest"

Dohnaseek: "Having said that, the 4 of us are strong enough to handle ourselves when it comes to running into trouble"