The Unexpected Visiter

I grabbed a magazine from the counter and sat on the couch. Even though I probably looked like I was reading it, I wasn't. My eyes were focused on the pages but my mind wondered in to elsewhere. Why has Xavier been gone for three days? What's the big deal about him coming back? Who attacked me on the night of the full moon? Will I see Autumn again? What does the scar on on back mean? What do the mirror illusions mean? Do Octillia, Amatheia and other mermaids eat sea food? Who's Laxandra? Do the guys have anything better to do than baby sit me? When am I going shopping again?

Abruptly, a loud excited yell escalated as Ren ran down the stairs. The front door opened to reveal Xavier. The rest of the guys followed Ren's pursuit. They swarmed him like people on Black Friday. Then out of the noise came sudden dead silence. There was few murmurs, then they backed up to let him come in.

Xavier's presence was startlingly bright. There was a sense of a glow to his body. His chest was bare and his wings were folded behind him. His skin had tanned since the last time I saw him. His facial expression was serious and stern. He wore nothing on his feet. His pants were pearl white and loose. The material appeared as though he had covered his legs with formed sheets. I felt an urge through my blood and bones to kneel or bow my head.

He approached me with his chin up and his eyes locked on mine. He walked with such confidence it made me question my own. I put down the magazine and stood up. I tried to straighten out the creases in my pants. I gently pulled down on my brand name muscle shirt. I tucked a piece of my straightened caramel brown natural coloured hair behind my ear. Unsure of what else to do I looked down to the floor. Due to gravity my hair fell in front of my shoulders and prevented from seeing anything beside me.

I felt a strong, gentle, warm hand touch my shoulder.

"Look up at me." A firm but kind voice commanded.

I slowly looked up and fixed my hair so I could see him. A smile appeared on his face.

"No need to be afraid of looking at me." He removed his hand from my shoulder.

I stumbled to say anything. So I decided it would be best if I didn't speak at all.

"Guys I'll go change and then I'll come back down for supper." He told them before walking up the stairs.

~~15 minutes later~~

We were all sitting around the kitchen table, slowly eating. No one said anything. I stared at my plate and poked a potato. I glanced up to see all of them, except Xavier, doing a similar thing as I was. Xavier was the only one who had his head up and actually eating his food.

"You all probably have many question." He spoke once he swallowed his food.

I looked up at him and he caught my gaze. I quickly looked down, I bothered me to look at him directly. He left without stating any reason. I feel myself growing bitter. Why didn't he tell me anything? I clenched my teeth in frustration. You know just let me get attacked and then leave! I closed my hands in to fists around the cutlery. I recognized this and dropped the utensils. The guys looked up at the sudden clatter of metal.

I stood up, making my chair produce a loud noise as it dragged across the floor.

"Why didn't you say anything to us!" I yelled at the top of my lungs at him.

He just looked up at me without a reaction. This made me more upset.

"Anything would have been nice! Like, oh! By the way! I'm going to let you figure out your problems about an attack without me!!" I screamed and through a chair across the room.

Jasper, and Ren had very shocked looks on their faces. Kendred's expression was concerned while Cerberus' was confused. The only one who I didn't get a reaction from was Xavier.