Robin went to jump up on the examination table that was sat against the wall opposite to the room's entrance. He set the tissue box to the side, only using one to wipe his face off. His injury wasn't severe, he had already stopped bleeding.

He tried his best to keep his eyes to himself, but it was no use. Eventually, he just ended up staring at the boy he'd hoped to see. He was standing right next to the table where Robin sat. He was wearing a blue hoodie and plain jeans, and his hair was incredibly curly. Robin began to imagine how his hands would feel running through the boy's locks...

His daydream was cut off when the one he was thinking about released a sigh and turned to face Robin. "What?" he asked flatly, sounding annoyed.
Robin blinked. "What?"
"Why are you staring at me?"
"Oh, uh," Robin felt his face heat up, and looked away, "sorry, I was zoned out."
"No," the other boy began, with a tone that drew Robin's eyes back to him, "you always come in here and just look at me like a I'm a ghost or something. What is it?"

This boy has an attitude, it seems. Unfortunately, this only invited Robin to mess with the brunette before him. "Well, are you?"
The other continued to glare at Robin. "What?"
"Are you a ghost? That would explain a lot, actually," he teased. The boy scoffed and simply returned to his work of sorting the nurse's tools.

Robin smiled. He loved getting to people, especially boys he was interested in. "Arellano," he stated. The brunette turned back to him. He lifted up his hand, inviting a fist bump. "Robin Arellano." The other boy studied Robin for a moment, before lightly rolling his eyes. "I know who you are." He, to Robin's surprise, returned the gesture. His fists felt soft, clearly this kid wasn't a fighter, which Robin could've guessed. "Finney Blake."

"'Finney'? Like 'Finn' with a -y?" Robin questioned.
"Well, it's an -ey, but, yeah," Finney corrected.
"Oh, weird," Robin commented. He swiftly realized what he had said and immediately backtracked. "Uh, I mean, it's cool. It's uncommon, is what I—"
"It's fine," the brunette cut Robin's explanation short.

Robin sat quietly, a bit embarrassed, tapping his leg. Once he gained the confidence, which didn't take long, he raised the question, "So how do you know me?"
Finney kept turned around, sorting as he answered. "Well, you come in here, like, every other day, so your names always on Miss Edwin's paperwork. Also, you beat kids up regularly." He looked over his shoulder. "You're pretty famous." He turned back, and remained in hesitant silence, before saying, "Thanks, by the way."

Robin tilted his head. "For what?"
"Beating up those guys. I heard you do it because you've seen the way they treat other students, so, thanks," Finney explained.
"Oh, yeah, no problem." Robin rubbed the back of his neck. "The kids they pick on, are they your friends?"
Finney shrugged. "Sort of. We all get bullied, which gives us a weird, unspoken relationship, but, outside of that, I," he inhaled, seemingly trying to stop himself from revealing this information to some boy he just met, but was unable to keep the words in, "I don't really have any friends."

Robin nodded. "Connected through your suffering, huh? That's pretty metal."
"It's not anything I'd expect you to understand," Finney commented.
"Dude, what?" Robin scoffed. "Are you kidding me? I'm Mexican, of course I understand."

The brunette turned around, a light layer of shock painting his expression. Robin smirked, "Don't tell me you didn't notice."
"No, I-I noticed, I just..."
Robin laughed. "Gabachos," he smiled.
Finney blushed and immediately turned back to his previous task. Robin's eyes widened. Seeing Finney blush made his stomach twist.

"Oh, wow," he sighed. The other boy turned around, but before he could raise any kind of question, Robin put his hands up. "Sorry, sorry!" He apologized profusely, his face growing warmer by the second. "That wasn't at you, that- uh- it was-" his train of thought was abruptly thrown from its tracks when Finney did something he'd never witnessed him do before.

He grew a smile, and not just that, it was accompanied with a soft chuckle. Probably the most innocent, angelic laugh Robin had ever heard. The boys looked at one another, one wearing a soft grin, the other's face bright red, unable to speak.

"Boys!" Miss Edwin called. Both of them immediately broke eye contact, bringing it to the nurse. She stepped out of her office. "Lunch is almost over. Here's your note, Finney." She held out a slip of paper that the brunette collected after throwing his backpack on his shoulder. He walked to the exit door, but paused and looked in Robin's direction, waiting for him.

"Do you need a tardy slip, Robin?" the nurse asked.
Robin hopped down from the table. "No, I can make it in time." He slowly went to join the other boy at the door.
She smiled. "Alright then. Enjoy the rest of your day, you two!" she waved at the boys. They both mimicked this gesture, with Finney speaking up, "Thank you, Miss Edwin."

Once the nurse had gone back into her office, Robin turned to Finney, eyeing the paper in his hand. "That's why I don't see you in the halls, huh?"
The brunette nodded. "It's safer to just show up to class late."
Robin frowned. "Hey, listen, man," he put a hand on the other's shoulder, drawing their eyes to his own. "If anyone tries to mess with you, name 'em."
Finney's face flushed red, "R-Right," he stammered.

Robin smirked, wishing he could kiss this boy goodbye, but had to settle with simple winking, saying, "Catch you later, Blake," and departing from the room. Both boys were left with a cluster of emotions, and could only hope for a chance to see each other once again.