}•{ Frustration

Start from the beginning

"Is this something you should be excited about?" Raina shrieked to which he grinned,

"My brother doesn't like to talk much but he isn't an introvert... He just chooses not to talk to people while on the other hand I'm an extrovert but have to maintain my fucking reputation. I always wondered what it was like to meet an introvert... Yay! My friend is an introvert." He blabbered with a contented face.

"God! I can't deal with you!" Raina exclaimed shaking her head, face-palming herself.

}}}}}}•{{{{{{

"Ouch!" Ishani hissed as the animal attendant applied the antiseptic on her open wound and the animal attendant looked at her with guilt.

"It's fine," Ishani gave her a tight-lipped smile to which the attendant shook her head,

"I warned you to not pat her... I can't blame the poor cat for her defense because it's the only thing she can do in return."

Ishani hummed in understanding and told, "I want her."

A look of sheer shock passed the animal attendant's face and Ishani cleared her throat, "I mean... I want to adopt her."

"Even after she attacked you?"

"You said yourself that was just a defense," Ishani argued.

"She's different..." The attendant looked doubtful.

"She's not. She's a cute animal yearning for affection and being blind doesn't make any difference..." Ishani sighed once again looking at the furry animal sitting in the farthest corner with lifeless eyes.

"Any specific reasons?"

"She's blind, just like a human blinded by love... And if the person guiding her isn't correct, her life will be a mess... And till the time she would realize, it would be too late. I don't want her to go through all that... The pain of trusting the wrong person. So I want her to trust the right person instead." Ishani reasoned out to which the attendant smiled, "You're a good human."

Ishani frowned, finding the words unfamiliar and strange but swirled her eyes in a shrug-ish manner.

As usual, people are too soon to judge.

She thought looking at the cat who has now curled up on the ground away from her fellow cats.

..................

"You sure of your choice?" The manager of the animal adoption center questioned.

"No, I'm not. I just like to waste my time sitting over here and love to not be consistent of my choice." Her sarcastic voice rang inside the quiet room as she passed on a mocking smile to the manager.

The manager swallowed his insult and being embarrassed forwarded the legal document in front of her.

Frowning and scowling in-between Ishani filled the form and sighed at last forwarding it to the manager who was sitting with a stressed face.

"Any illness history in the past?" Ishani interrogated.

"No, the kitten is perfectly fine apart from the fact she's blind. Also, note that she wasn't born a blind cat. When she was 6 weeks old, she was attacked by a group of children who threw something heavy on her head. Some nerves of her brain were affected and she became blind afterward. She was rescued in a very pitiful condition when she was 8 weeks old. She's 4 months old right now." The manager told and Ishani blinked taking in all the knowledge and processing it.