Chapter 2 - Waking of the Internal Beauty

Start from the beginning

"It's okay Isabella. I am here, what's happening?"

"Mine head hurts like motherfucker!"

 She continues to hold her head in pain, memories flashing before her closed eyes. She remembers darkness and Alucard's voice breaking though it. He was talking to her, making sure she is alright. And then she remembered the day she hanged herself. Her eyes widen and in them is horror. She begins to hyperventilate, her chest going up and down. Alucard's eyes widens as he saw similar attacks of panic on the field.

 He sits down, leaning his back on the altar and Isabella sitting between his legs, leaning on him. He unbuttoned her collar allowing her to breath easier and hold her hands to her sides.

"Isabella, it's okay. I am here. It's safe now."

 She continued to breath quickly, almost chocking on her own spit.

"Remember what you said in the past? You will always have me beside you. I will always protect you...."

 Isabella slowly began to calm down, he breathing starting to get even. They spend like that few minutes until Alucard was sure she was alright. He brought her hand close to his lips and kissed it, his lips grazing over her smooth skin.

"What do you remember...?"

 Isabella tensed at first, but slowly relaxed into him, feeling safe in his big frame.

"I...I remember hanging. Life running away from me....Next thing I remember was darkness...And it that darkness your voice...Telling me many stories of what happen to you each day..."

 Alucard didn't respond to that and simply continued to listen. He nuzzled into her hand before she took it way sharply and hissed at him.

"I also remember...The truth."

 His eyes widen slightly before he hung his head low. Isabella stood up and took few steps forward before turning around.  Anger and saddens was evident on her face, together with blood red tears threatening to fall. 

"So it was your fault!? Why did you checked it only after I went to coma?!"

"I...I don't know..."

 Reason why Isabella hanged herself was because she could give Alucard one thing he always wanted...kids. 

 Alucard comes from a family of military people that served their country for many years. He followed into their footsteps, wanting to achieve something of his own. Because of that he was never interested in women, thinking he will have time for them when he will be older.

 But then he meet her, Isabella, a stubborn and brave woman with a passionate heart. He meet her once during a mission, she was feeding homeless kids while Alucard was the one who took their houses away. He feel in love with her when she argued with him. She told them to go away to leave these people in peace. One woman against a whole battalion of armed men. How one could not love such a woman?

 After few years the meet again and started a fresh start when Alucard volunteered to help the immigrants from China and she was also there. Slowly their emotions grew bigger and bigger until they married. Alucard continued to work for the military while Isabella became a house wife, at that time Alucard found a much more lovable side of her. 

 But after few years of marriage, his family started to press for a child. The low birthrate in japan made his parents call onto his patriotism and make a child. Isabella agreed as he wanted child as well. But they didn't had any luck, because of this Alucard's parents even told to get a divorce and remarry but he did not agree. In secret his family tried to scare her away, threatening her but she did not falter as her love was stronger then fear. 

 Until one day came a letter...

In this letter, Alucard's family begged Isabella to not destroy his life even more. His work and PTSD making him stressed and only child would help. She showed that list to Alucard who became furious with his family and broke contact with it. But even after that, she got more and more letters. Finally she could not bear with it anymore...

 One day, when Alucard returned home, it was dark in every room. He flipped the switch of the corridor and walked forward looking for his wife. When he was about to enter the living room he has noticed a piece of letter underneath is feet. he picked it up and on the other side in big letters was written "I am sorry". Alucard turned on the light in living room and saw dozens of similar pieces of paper, with Isabella hanging in the middle of the room.

 Rest of the story is just a blurry memory to him but after everything happen he was send to a doctor for a medical check. He did not know what pushed him towards it but he checked his fertility. 

In the end...it was his fault. He could not have children.

"You don't know...? That's it? You don't know..."

 Isabella flopped down on the floor few meters away from him. Isabelle looked up and sighed.

"Your family must have been glad that I almost died...."

"I reported them to the police for this."

 Isabella looked back him with wide eyes before chuckling.

"That seems like you..."

"Isabella..I..."

"Shhhh...."

 Alucard sighed and looked down in silence while Isabella looked around the mausoleum. 

"So, we really are in the game's world?"

 Alucard shrugged.

"I do not know. Maybe, or maybe it's one of mine ptsd driven dreams."

"Would I wake up in one of them?"

"As a ghost that wants to kill me..."

 "No...Even if it would be like that, you would always find a way to screw me..."

 Both of them chuckled and looked back at each other. Their crimson eyes locked as if a contest. Isabella suddenly stood up and began to march towards Alucard, her bare feet brushing over the stone floor. Alucard stood up as well, plead in his eyes.

"Isabella, please. Give me a second chance! I...I know I fucked up! I should have protected you from them but I couldn't. Please. Isabell-!"

 As she walked up to him, she  grabbed him by his mouth to silence him before letting go. Alucard looked at her confused before Isabella smacked him with all her might, as if thunder struck all remaining glass shattered in the mausoleum. 

"That is for what you did....

"I deserved that..."

 Said Alucard before his eyes widen as Isabella grabbed him by the back of his head and gave him a kiss. He slowly melted into it, his arms wrapping around her smaller frame. After few seconds she let go and looked into his eyes.

"And this?"

"This is because I cannot stay mad at you. You tried your best to give me family. Even when I...we couldn't have kids, you loved me and made me feel special. It was your family that made me do it. And now that we are here reunited...Come here!"

 Isabella brushed off the remaining glass from the altar and pushed Alucard onto it. She jumped on him, sitting on his waist and smirked.

"Be ready coz this is effect of all pent up anger in me."

 Alucard gulped as he looked up at his beautiful wife.  

"Okay. We have about 40 minutes."

"And what happens then?"

"I will explain later."

"Fine!"

  And so, two lovers reunited with each other on the mausoleum's altar, in the light of fake moon. Their love transcended even to another world and now, will be...immortal.