Mixed signals

Buck sat up as soon as the nurse left his room. She'd said he needed to lie down and rest, but he had to go check on Eddie, and besides, he was only one room over.

So he made his way to Eddie's room and knocked on the door before he stepped inside.

"Hey Buck. How are you?"

"How are you, is the real question."

Eddie smiled and scooted aside on the bed, patting for Buck to sit down and Buck hesitated.

"I'm fine. Now, how are you?"

"A hell of a lot better now." Buck smiled at him, and Eddie smiled back.

Buck bit his lip and in a moment of acting on impulse he sat, but not where Eddie has patted. Instead, he sat on Eddie's hips and set his hands on his chest leaning in for a kiss.

Eddie was caught of guard, but didn't hesitate to kiss him back. He put his hands on Buck's waist and pulled him closer.

There was a knock on the door door that caused Buck to flinch, pulling away from the kiss and getting off of the bed.

The door opened and Hen and Chimney stepped inside.

"I- I'm sorry I don't know what that was... I'll leave," Buck bit his lip and walked out of the hostpital room, going to his own.

"Geez what was that about-?" Hen asked."

"I- I don't know." And he didn't. He was confused as to why Buck had just up and left like that.

He bit his lip and realized he could still taste the strawberry chapstick that Buck had on. Well, fuck. I'm definetely falling for him. He sighed.

"Anyways, what are you guys doing here?"

"Chim dragged me along because he was worried about you and he wanted me to see that it wasn't your fault it had been more than a couple hours. Again."

Eddie laughed, "well this time it wasn't... this time."

"I'm glad your ok and I'll take care of Chris while you're here. Come to think of it how long will you be here?"

"I don't know, honestly." He wondered if he'd get discharged before Buck.

"Well, let me know when you figure it out. I'm going to go talk to Buck now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buck was in his room pacing the floor, worrying that he'd fucked everything up. And asking himself if he did fuck it up, how so? Was it because he'd kissed him, or was it because when there was a knock on the door his first reaction was to jump off of him? Had he even fucked things up between them? Eddie was quick to kiss back, but maybe he just felt bad about the situation, maybe he felt like he owed him that, or maybe- a knock at the door tore Buck away from his thoughts.

He watched as Hen stepped inside his room. "Hey Buck. How are you doing?"

"I'm alright. How's Eddie? Is he- is he ok, he's not like mad or anything, is he?"

"I don't think so- why?"

"No reason. Anyway, why are you here?"

"I could ask you the same thing, Eddie got into a car accident and here you are all scraped up. What the hell, Buck?"

He bit his lip. She made a fair point. He hadn't even been in the car with him and he'd come out of the accident looking almost as bad as Eddie. 

"I couldn't stand by and wait knowing that he could die in there. Thats what happened."