Don't say I didn't warn you

Buck and the rest of the 118 found themselves standing next to the ladder truck, discussing the firefighter calender.

Hen was laughing at Buck's dumbass remarks, "maybe we could have Buck do it and put him on the calender with a bisexual pride flag wrapped around himself." Hen joked, making gestures with her hands as she spoke. Buck gave her the finger and Hen pretended to be offended by this.

Chimney interupted the two, pointing behind Buck and saying, "that is a beautiful man."

Hen cast her eyes to where Chim had pointed, "he's hot. And I like girls-"

Buck turned around and looked to see what all the commotion was about. He saw him, and thought dimly that they weren't wrong. He was hot, and he was a beautiful man. He cleared his throat and shook his head, "who is that?"

Bobby spoke, "thats Eddie Diaz, new recruit."

Buck couldn't take his eyes off of him. So many things were running through his head, but he ignored all of it, fixated on the man before him.

Eddie looked up at Buck, briefly making eye contact and waving at him. Buck cleared his throat, blushing a little and breaking eye contact, turning back to Hen.

Hen laughed at him, "looks like someone has a boy crush..." she whispered to him before walking away.

Buck rolled his eyes and went back upstairs, sitting on the couch in the lounge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eddie found himself sitting beside one of the members of the 118 and he was aware dimly that the man wouldn't stop casting glances at him, but of course he didn't say anything about it and pretended not to notice it.

This went on much longer than Eddie was comfortable with, so finally he said, "alright man, are you going to like- introduce yourself or are you just going to keep staring me down."

He looked at him once again, "Yea, uh sorry-" he held out a hand, "my name is Evan, Evan Buckley. Everybody just calls me Buck, but I prefer it like that."

Eddie took his hand, shaking it. "Eddie Diaz. Everyone calls me Eddie, because thats my name..."

This drew a quiet laugh out of Buck. "Alright Eddie. What brings you to the 118?"

"I was in the area."

"Alright- well then, why were you in the area?"

"We needed a new line of sight. A new horizon to look across at night."

"We?"

"Me and my son."

"You have a son?"

"His name's Christopher. He's seven."

"I love kids."

"I love this one."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hen was standing in the kitchen, watching Buck and Eddie, talking to Chimney and laughing.

"Hey Buck, Come here," she yelled, gesturing for him.

Buck glanced back at her and stood up, walking towards her. "What do you want now?"

"I just want my friend back. This new guy seems to be holding a lot of your attention..."

"He's not very good at holding conversation..."

Eddie turned to glance at Buck, "I heard that."

"Well- its true. The conversation was very dry."

"What do you want me to do, ask your favorite color?"

Buck laughed, looking at the ground. "Touchè."

"Hey, I was thinking, maybe we could all go out and grab some drinks after the shift? We could get to know the new guy." Chimney suggested.

"'The new guy' has a name y'know." Eddie said, standing up and joining them in the kitchen.

Buck couldn't help but let his eyes wander accross him. He found himself thinking about just how attractive he was and then shook his head, putting the thoughts aside for the time being.

Hen smirked playfully at Eddie, "we know. Eddie Diaz."

"Buck tell you that?"

"Not this time. Though he does have a tendency to let his mouth wander..." Buck slapped her in the bicep, rolling his eyes. Hen laughed, "anyways, Cap told us. Speaking of Cap, where is he?"

Hen looked to Chimney, as if asking him. Chimney shrugged, "I haven't seen him since we were downstairs."

"Odd. Its not like him to just up and dissapear like that... maybe he had something to do."

"Or, maybe he just wanted some peace and quiet." Bobby said, walking up the stairs into the kitchen.

"We aren't that loud." Hen said.

"Buck is." Bobby said playfully.

Buck rolled his eyes and gave him the finger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The shift ended in what felt like no time at all and everyone was loading up and heading to the bar downtown.

Once they arrived, Buck found his way over to Eddie yet again. "Hey, how tolerant are you?"

"Why?"

"I think I can out-drink you."

"Is that so?"

Hen caught up to the two boys and rested an arm on Eddie's shoulder, "I wouldn't challenge Buck, he's pretty damn good when it comes to the drinking game..."

Eddie shrugged off her arm, not used to the woman or quite comfortable in her presence yet. "Too late, I'm going to have to disagree with his statement. It's pretty hard to out-drink me."

"Don't say I didn't warn you." Hen said with a shrug.