⊱☆⊰ 54 ⊱☆⊰

Start bij het begin

"Oh." she commented after a moment, staring down at the table in thought. "I, I guess I never thought about that. I didn't think you would, um, I guess I never thought of this as a possibility. I figured you would want to find out as much as I did..." she said, sounding slightly confused and disappointed.

"What will you do if I choose not to go through with it?" I asked her in the softest tone I could muster up.

She took a moment to think before looking back up at me. "I would go through with it, whether you're there or not. I just would really want you to be by my side during it all. I don't know what it could hold, but I don't want to go through something so big, alone, and, I just don't think any other person aside from you would be able to understand."

Would it really make a difference? Would it change the way I view my past and present and future? Change the way we view each other? Change my path entirely?

I stared into her eyes. They were only a slight shade lighter than mine. They say people's eyes never lie. And hers were pleading with me to choose this path. She doesn't have to go through it alone. This involves us both.

And whether I like it or not, I'll be dragged into it, regardless.

"Okay. I'll do it." I finally said, watching her face light up from my answer.

"Really?!" she exclaimed, forgetting our location.

"QUIET!" Madam Pince yelled at her from somewhere unknown.

"Do you mean it?" she then asked, leaning over the table again.

"I promise." I replied, truly meaning it.

***

"Are you nervous?" I asked Carina as we stood outside of Professor McGonagall's office.

"A little. You?" she replied, turning her head to look up at me.

"A little." I replied.

In actuality, I'm kind of losing my mind. I can't tell if this is all some weird dream or if I'm being pranked or if this will all turn out to be a fluke or-

I think I'm on the verge of a panic attack.

"We don't have to do this today, we can reschedule." Carina stated in that comforting tone of hers.

"Nope. We agreed today. We're here. If we delay any longer, I may end up not going through with it."

"You'd go back on your promise?"

"No, I would die first, which would simply mean I wouldn't have lived long enough to fulfill it."

She giggled. "I think you're being a little dramatic."

"Laugh at my insecurities, why don't you."

"Your insecurity is death? Which, by the way, makes no sense since you can somewhat control how that plays out."

"And now she's critiquing my insecurities."

Carina laughed just as the door to McGonagall's office opened. "Are you two going to stand here all day?" she questioned us.