Chapter 3

I would be going to school today. I would have to talk to Principal Santoes, to see if I can get enrolled, I have all of my paperwork finished. I walk down to the school, its not to far away from the café. A whole bunch of teenagers pass by me as I walk towards her office. I knock on it a couple of times before she answers it, a woman in the late thirties answers it, she has brown hair and bright brown eyes.

"Come in Maria, your parents just called. I have been delighted to speak with you." Sh says with a smile.

I know what she is. She's a mermaid. Outcasted because she told her fiancé about her secret.

I sit down in front of her desk.

"Now do you have the paperwork?" She asks.

"Yes, I have it." I say fumbling in my bag as I pull them out. I hand them to her.

"You've been in foster care for only a year? It says on your birth certificate, you don't have parents. You shouldn't be alive." She finishes and looks me in the eyes. "What are you?"

"What are you?" I ask her. She clears her throat and looks away. "You know exactly what I am, Rita."

"Yes, but I thought you where all gone?" She says.

"We shouldn't be talking about this know, are you going to enroll me or not?" I ask.

"Of course." She says and sticks the paperwork in a folder, crumbling up my birth certificate and throwing it into the trashcan by her desk.

"Before I leave do you know a Erik, who is a merman, do you know where I can find him?"

"Why" she asks raising an eyebrow.

"He is my brother." I say.

"Oh. I can have you wait here, school is almost done." She says.

"Ok." I say and she leaves the room and I follow.
+-+-+
She leads me down the school hallway and into the computer room. She walks into the room with me following straight behind.

"This is Maria White, she is our newest student. I want you all to make her feel welcomed."Rita says and she leaves, leaving me at the doorway.

"Hello Maria, my name is Mr. Tate, I am your Computer Apps teacher, How about you sit by Eric and Zac."He says gestering to two boys, one of them I recognize as my brother.

"Oh ok," I say and walk over to them and sit down at a computer. "Hi." I whisper.

Class goes by, then lunch. I follow them through the lunch line and sit by Zac, Eric and three other girls.

"Hi." I say. I look at three hands, they have moon rings. I gasp, a vision.

*Vision*

The moon ring was created for mermaids when they have finished their training. The moon ring is an object of moon light.

The vision ends. I blink a couple of times and look around.

"Are you ok? You sort of blacked out." One of the girls asks.

"Uh yeah, I'm ok. Nice moon rings." I say with a small smle.

"Thanks." They all say.

After a long pause of awkward silence, I say, "you guys are probably wondering why I blacked out or why I am even here." They all nod and I continue,"Eric, is my brother. I am a Sila, a visioness, the Guardian of Mako. I can't continue at school though, but I can tell you when we get to the grotto."

"Wait, how do you know about the grotto?" Zac asks me.

"Visions." I say simply before the bell rings and I grab my try as I walk to put it up. I didn't eat anything.

*****
How was it??