captain marvel pt 3

Start from the beginning

"go and grab some from the fridge." she said. 

"you sure?" monica looked at me as if she was confused. that was not normal maria rambeau behaviour. 

"yes. go on." she said, smiling. monica ran off, possibly to safety. i saw the kitchen door close, and growled menacingly. 

"where is maria rambeau and what have you done to her?" 

athena's pov

i saw the kitchen door close, and vers, carol, whatever her name was, snarl at the woman that was her friend. 

"where is maria rambeau and what have you done to her." she flared up, hands glowing with yellowish bluish power. i guess that it was her thing, producing energy like that. 

"ah. you saw through my act." 

i saw carol/vers raise her fists in defence, and i heard that voice in my head again, making me annoyed. 

what do you want.

show some mettle and be yourself.

what do you mean. 

you have the powers. use them. 

it vanished off to its dormancy period again. damn it. why did it have to be more mystic all the times that i have met it inside my head? i swore to myself and refocused. everything was quiet. the maria person... she had revealed her true form, morphing away from what she or he used to be, and she turned into something like those little green aliens in toy story. 

"i shouldve seen that coming. skrull." she explained to us all. i realised that everyone was on defence mode. daisy, for some reason, had her hands extended as if she wanted to slap him or her or it, and yo-yo was trying to stretch? 

"what the..." someone said, and i realised that it was directed at me. for some reason, my hands were totally abnormal. they were giving off a bit of a purplish halo of light, and it was nothing that i could do before. i didnt know what i could do, but everyone seemed to look at me and think that its a great deal.

"what?" even the skrull seemed to be very surprised. 

"theres this prophecy that originated with us that when someone belonging to purple comes onto this earth, they shall change the world, either in a good way, or destructively." mack said. i guess that i was burdened with a glorious purpose here. 

i didnt even know that i was special. never before in my life have i thought that i would be significant enough to make a difference. 

"what do you want?" they turned their gaze back on the skrull, and all of them started demanding. 

"the skrulls sent me as a representative and that we come in peace. there is proof that youre on the wrong side of this battle. the kree, you people, have been enslaving us all this time, when we refused to succumb to their evil empire. we started to fight back, and our homeplanet was wiped out by them, and we have ever since, moved base to another planet, one that you might or might not know, skrullos."

"i have. they said that you guys put up a fight against them and they won. the kree."

"thats not the case. and we have video proof and a dozen skrulls that can confirm that."

"give us the proof," daisy said, "or face my wrath."

"which is..."

"this." she said, and raised her hand, aiming at a kettle nearby. it started whistling, and it began to cave in from the inside out.

"you can cause my insides to cave from inside out? thats not a great power."

"its a part of my power. i control vibrations. so unless you want a hell of a headache, show us that video proof immediately." she said, and i had to stifle a laugh. she was just such a funny person. probably the funniest person that i have ever met. 

"here. vers here would be able to see this, and she has her kree equipment with her."

"i do." she took out a small panel and put the thing that the kree just tossed into an input space. 

streams of images started to pour out from the tablet into the air, just like a... hologram. there was this huge sized video that she clicked and started to play. it was exactly how the skrull had said it was. i saw, as the wartorn planet was ripped to pieces by the kree soldiers, and the remaining skrulls have been fleeing for their lives and eventually arrived to earth on a spaceship that was salvaged from the incident. it was all true. the skrull was telling the truth. vers was on the wrong side of the story, deceived by the kree. 

"you know what i mean now." he said, sorrowful, and started pacing around the room, looking around. 

"i can... cant... believe it." vers said, sliding to the ground from the wall. 

i guess that all of us had mistakes, and nothing could redeem ourselves better than doing the right thing. 

"ok. what do you want me to do?"

*****************************************************

a/n 

sorry for not updating quite as often as i used to have been during the holidays, but good news, im really enjoying my new teachers of the term and i think that imma do a bit well than i used to do, i guess yeyyyy 

hope to see you soon in the next chapters!!!

stay cool.

skye