Taking her hand in his, Imaan remained quiet before he decided to speak, "I haven't been honest with you. When we argued about me not showing up for you, I knew that I wasn't. I knew that I hadn't been the same Imaan, but I wanted to believe that it wasn't affecting you—us. I was embarrassed."

    "I got furloughed," Imaan said, feeling himself take a deep breath, "They fired me, and didn't offer me a reason. I went through a moment where I started spiraling. I'd been with the same company since I was eighteen. I'd been supporting and providing for my family, and I couldn't understand the concept of no longer being able to do it anymore."

Sayori listened, now resting her head on her hands as he continued to speak, "Then, I started thinking about us. I started to believe that you were already out of the door—simply because I would no longer be able to do as much for you as I do now. I came to a point where I'd convinced myself that you had left, and I was going back to the same, chaotic thoughts I had before you."

"It was the doubt and uncertainty," Imaan released a breath he didn't realize he was holding, "Instead of communicating, I allowed it to get the best of me and get in between us. Now, I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do when the money I have saved up, runs out."

Sayori stayed silent for a moment, which worried Imaan, "Listen to me, Imaan," Sayori said, looking in his eyes, "How you feel is valid—the confusion, the doubt and uncertainty. It is all valid, Papa."

"Don't ever be afraid or embarrassed to tell me what is going on. I'm here for you—I'm with you because I love you, not because of your ability to provide, baby. I can promise you I'm here to stay; I am not going anywhere."

Vulnerability took over Imaan as he continued to explain his situation, "Being fired placed me in the mindset of being the same little boy—feeling helpless."

"And that's okay," Sayori reassured him, "Even though it's considered to be a characteristic of a man, it does not make you a man. You are a man because of your heart—your character and the will you have to protect and provide for those around you, baby. I'm not in love with you based on how you can provide for me; I can provide for myself. I fell in love with you because of the contents of your heart. I will never walk out on you, Bubba. Never."

Imaan nodded, placing a soft kiss on her forehead before she continued, "We can figure out the next steps together. Though easier said than done, you cannot put a question mark where God put a period, Papa. When a door closes, another one opens."

Imaan stared at Sayori, before placing his hand underneath her chin. He brought her face closer to his, before pecking her lips, "I love you, Amala. Thank you, baby."

"And I love you," She smiled at him.