Chapter 3: The Mask

Victoria ran to the bathroom struggling to put her dress on. "Ugh! Why is this so hard to put on" she came out and ran to get her mask. "Honey hurry up please we're about to leave." Victoria ran to try to get her mask but as she was running trying to hold up her dress she tripped. A loud thud went all the way to the first floor "honey are you okay her mother said as she came up the stairs. "Ouch! Ugh!" She got up feeling a little pain in her knee. She quickly got her mask and came out "yes mom I'm okay" Victoria said as she walked down the stairs meeting her mom. "Are you sure" her mother said with a worried look on her face. "Yes mom I am...lets just get this over with..okay?" Victoria walked down the stairs, her mother following behind her. They both put on their shoes and meet her father. "Wow...you two look beautiful!" her father said with a smile. "Why thank you" they both said at the same time. Victoria and her mother looked at each other at the same time and laughed. "Let's go my ladies" father said while escorting them to the car. While driving Victoria rubbed her knee to try to calm the pain down a little. While driving she looked out the window to see ladies and gentleman walking to the big house. "Hey mom" "Yes dear"..."um..you know the house where the masquerade is taken my place" "yes" said her mother. "People say it's haunted" her mother laughed and said "oh Victoria don't be silly those are lies it's not haunted okay". " Okay sorry just being silly..." She turned to the window and said "I guess...it's just a silly joke". They car comes up to the house, her father opening the door for them to come out. "Oh Victoria isn't this a wonderful view!" Her mother said with a smile. "Ya...sure is creepy." She said with a worried expression. "Oh Victoria! Stop that nonsense!" She said turning to Victoria. "Okay...okay sorry mom" "please meet some new friends and dance with the young gentleman. Her mother said begging Victoria. "Ha...we'll see about that". Victoria puts on her mask and walk to the porch with her mother and father. A butler was standing next to the door "Welcome to the Anderson's mansion. Please have and wonderful time and feel free to look around the mansion if you wish". " Yes thank you sir" her mother said holding Victoria's arm. They all walk in to main ball room with a breathtaking view. A beautiful chandelier hanging from the ceiling, wonderful painting's which looked like they were from the 1900's. "Oh how beautiful! It's the it" "not to lie mom but it's actually pretty nice. Her mother smiled hoping her daughter would have a good time. "Well me and your father will dance....why don't you find someone to dance with. No! Even better I will find someone!"her mother said with a glowing smile. "No, no, no, no, it's okay I will find someone mother" but by the time she completed her sentence her mother was long gone talking to the young gentlemen.
"Great!" Victoria sighed and took a seat on the nearest chair she could find. She looked around an stared at the chandelier that was twinkling away as the light shone on it. She stared at it and went into her own land of imagination. When she started to her something. Someone calling her name..."Victoria"..."Victoria".... She snapped out of it and saw her mother with a tall gentleman besides her in a white suite and a small white mask. "Victoria meet Henry" her mother said "well I will leave you two alone and me and your father will be on the dance floor" she walked away with her dad holding hand in hand. They both stared at each other for a good 5 minutes. Victoria having an evil glint in her eye. "Well..my name is Henry fair lady" speaking in a British accent. "Would you like to dance" Henry asked with a smile. "....um..No one I don't know who you are and two I'm not dancing with a stranger....so PEACE!" Victoria walked away knowing her mother will be furious with her. Henry was standing in the same spot..confused and just walked off. Victoria had walked and got a cup of punch and remembered what the butter said. "You may look around if you please" Victoria said trying to mimic the butler. She saw a flight a stairs and walked towards it without knowing where it was going to lead her. She might as well because she did NOT want to dance. "Wow this is going to take a while" she said looking to the top of the stairs. After ten minutes she made it to the top which lead her to a door. "Wow looking by the color this must've been here for a long time". The door was old wood and had a very dark brown color and looked worn out. She opened the door slowly, releasing a creeping sound. Victoria closed her eyes afraid of something coming out. She opened one and saw pitch black. She saw a light switch which looked newly installed. "Wow there's so many things here". Looking around coughing because of the dust while looking around and passing the boxes she saw something catch her eye. She walks back and see's a dresser and a mask on it. "Oh..this looks like someone wanted to get rid of this...but why it's new". She looked in the mirror to check her makeup and stares at the mask. She slowly picks it up and sees a small writing saying " DO NOT WEAR THIS AT ALL COSTS". " Why would someone say that I don't care this is so pretty like come on the diamonds and black glitter!". She puts it on and was in shock "This is so beautiful OH MY GOODNESS! This is way prettier than my small black on I was wearing". She admires her self in the mirror touching the mask admiring how it suits her face. "What is that" she notices a black figure in the far right Conor of the mirror. She thought to herself "it looks like a shape of a lady". The figure started to take shape and forming the shape of a young lady wearing a dress her face having an evil smile. "W-what..." The figures facial skin starts to melt of leaving her flesh and blood able to see her eyeballs and evil smile. Victoria screamed "AHHHH!!!". The door slams shut and the light pops shattered to the ground. The figure comes closer "come with me! SAVE ME! Come with me". Victoria was trying to take off the mask her hands trembling "come off!" She pulls and pulls and see's the women only four inches away from her. "Get away from me!" She yanks the mask off and turns back. Her heart beating taking in heavy breaths shaking and trembling. Her cheeks full of wet rows were her tears fell.