Chapter Two: The Vampire and the Angel

WIthin minutes I reached my home. My "home" was an abandodned hotel. The windows were boarded up to keep out sunlight and unwanted guests. Though, not many people came around this way. Most avoided coming near the hotel as result of many gruesome rumors I had spread about a hotel infested with the walking dead and stories of malicious murder. It was enough to prevent the curious from lurking about. The doors were sealed by chains and locks whose key's had long since been forgotten and lost. Only one entrance remained. Upon the roof was a rusty metal door I left proped open. Long ago had I torn down the ladders and fire escapes that allowed one onto the roof. No mortal could gain access to the roof easily. I am obviously far from. I am Alexander Fey. A Child of the Night.

Children, oh Children of the Night. Hummbled only by sunlight. I thought to myself grimmly.

I tipped my head and kicked of the ground and splayed my palms at the ground, displacing the air. I propelled myself straight up, I tilted forward slightly and my foot caught the edge of the roof and I stepped froward and strolled toward the door as casually as if I had just walked up a stair case. I Jerked the door open and stepped inside as it closed behind me and plungged me into darkness.

My eyes adjusted immediatly and I didn't miss a beat as I walked down the stair case in darkness so thick that a mortal would already have fallen down the stairs.

Once I reached the bottom a light automatically turned on. I continued to walk down the hallway until I strolled through a doorway in which I shut the door behind me. I was now in my domain. My room. The only room in the building I had renovated to be livable.The walls were a deep dark red and the floor was black carpet with a red rug beneath my dark wood desk. Against one wall was a bed with black and red sheets and at the foot of the bed against the wall was a large dark burgundy bookcase that was completley full. On one wall was a smiley face poster with fangs. Who said a vampire couldn't have a sense of humor? I kick off my shoes and undress, pulling on a pair of sweat pants and as i lie down I make a resolution. I would find Angel, and I would talk to her. Find out more about her. I shut my eyes and on the back of my eyelids floats a pale lovley image of Angel.

Upon waking I showered. Showering was only to flatten my hair. I didn't sweat, I drank no water. I secreated no odor, my hair was always clean. It was mearley a ritual of familiarity. I leaned my forehead against the wall and shuddered even though the water was hot and then I allowed myself a few silent tears. How long had it been? Twenty, maybe thirty years since I had need for such human things. I hadn't bothered counting since I accepted and came to terms with my immortality. But you never really do come to terms with it. You bear it begrudgingly. It is, ironically, every vampires cross to bear. Death is your constant companion as you watch the world around you change, your friends and family pass on as you stay the same. Not that I knew anyhting of my family anymore. Five years after I was turned, my family noticed how I was always the same. The noticed the changes in my personality. They noticed my now flawless appearance and new found poise and grace. Each of these things were a "gift". Wrapped up all pretty, but inside was mearly another fading memory of someone you once knew. I turned off the water and stood there before pulling my clothes on. I stepped into a pair of   faded dark-grey jeans and black t-shirt with the words "bite me" printed in white on the front. I put on a silver star of David. My article of faith had been Christianity. No longer to touch a cross or even speak the name of the Lord I clung to the star of David. A article of faith that wasnt even mine. I tugged on a leather jacket, of which the sleaves secretly sheathed two silver throwing knives, and zipped it up partially. I stuffed a silver pocket knife into my back pocket and pulled on a pair of leather gloves that were lined with silver powder on the outside. My belt was a coil of steel segments that were flexible enough to be used as a whip. I slipped on my black leather boots and lacked them up. Leather, protective. Silver, sometimes deadly. It was going to be a long night of searching.

I left home and began searching from my own rooftop. I jumped from my rooftop to the building about fifty yards away. I cursed as I fell short and landed in a crouch. Contrary to popular opinion, we dont fly. Nor do we turn into bats. We can levitate, we can propell ourselves by manipulating air. We can also persuade any most mortals,we have super speed and strength, we can read minds, we can plant thoughts, teleport, faze through solid objects, and I even heard of a ancient vampire that could turn into fog. I being a young vampire can only levitate, and propell myself, and I can almost control people. At the moment I can only make them black out. My lack of abilities is also due to having no teacher. My creator drained me of my blood, but failed to properly dispatch me. So, I rose without any one to help me, or teach me. The night I rose, I slaughtered a family in my blood lust. Afterwards, I drank from animals whenever I could. I tried to avoid humans but didn't mind them if i was under control. I staggered to my feet and levitated to the top of the building and sprinted from one to the next, my feet barley touching the roof. I needed to eat before I continued. I would stop by the dance club and take a sip from whoever was in the alley,I thought. I went to the towns on club. On the front in neon lettering, it proclaimed to the world that it was The Black and Blue. I landed on the sidewalk a block from the club and strolled the rest of the way to they alley. I quickly scoped the alley. There were only two people in it. A man and woman in the back corner. I payed litttle attention to them until I heard a slap and a whimper. I shrugged, it was none of my bussiness.

"Help!" cried the girl. I froze and a chill ran up my spine. That voice.... could it be? I turned slowly in toward the corner of the alley. And there she was. Angel.