Ch. 2 Your mission is to Rewrite History

Time felt slow for Harry when he heard Lily telling him that his best friend, Hermione Granger, was his Soul Mate.

" No. That can't be. Hermione loves Ron," Harry murmured. He lets go of Lily's hand and puts his hands on his head.

Lily sadly stared at Harry. " The two of you had such an amazing connection, Harry," She softly speaks. " You never noticed it, but Hermione tried her hardest to have you notice her," She grabs her son's hand and lightly squeezes it.

" When did Hermione start to like me?" Harry asked.

" When you were eleven, and she was twelve," Lily responded. " After you saved her from getting killed by that Troll, she developed a crush on you and was delighted when you asked her to be your friend," She warmly smiled.

Harry was speechless when he heard that Hermione had developed a crush on him during their 1st-year. He lightly bites his lips, remembering his 2nd year and how Hermione was the only one that believed him not to be the Heir of Slytherin.

" During my 2nd year, Hermione was the only one to believe me when I told her that I wasn't the Heir of Slytherin," Harry sadly sighed.

Lily's gaze softened. " Don't you remember? Hermione worked hard to get your name cleared by searching for clues as to what was making the Muggle-Born children get into a vegetative state. She was willing to risk her own life for you because that is how much she cares about you and values your friendship," She confessed.

Tears welled up in Harry's bright green eyes when he remembered seeing Hermione in a vegetative state. " I remember," He murmured. " I felt so much anger and guilt that Hermione got hurt because of me. But, that let others know I wasn't the Heir of Slytherin because people knew I would never hurt my close friends," He looks at Lily.

" And you went to the Chamber of Secrets to confront whatever or whoever it was that hurt Hermione," Lily looked at Harry knowingly. " And you made an excuse to do it by saying you wanted to save Ginny for Ron's sake," She smiled since she knew Harry didn't have feelings for Ginny then.

Harry nodded. At first, he didn't want to confront the actual Heir of Slytherin. But, when Hermione got involved in the fiasco, he decided to avenge her.

" Hermione meant alot to me, Mum. She was there for me during that whole time when others stepped away, scared that I was the Heir of Slytherin," Harry whispered. His bright green eyes softened when he saw Hermione again after killing the Basilisk at the Great Hall, and she hugged him, not Ron.

" Don't you see? You and Hermione meant for each other," Lily fondly stared at Harry.

" I cannot believe I cast a great Witch like Hermione aside for someone like Ginny, who has been so obessed with me since she was a kid," Harry bitterly speaks.

" Molly fed Ginny fantasy-like stories about you being a Great Warrior. So, of course, Ginny believed that if she had you fall for her. She would become a Queen of the Wizarding World since, at that point, many worshiped you for being the Wizarding Savior," Lily frowned.

" Mum! I was one! You and Dad were the ones that stopped Lord Voldemort. Honestly, I hate that there were no statues to honor you and Dad and those that had fallen that awful night," Harry frowned.

" You can still honor us and those that lost their lives that awful night," Lily speaks.

Harry raised an eyebrow, looking confused.

" How?" Harry asked.

" When you get older, after you defeat Lord Voldemort with your loyal friends and allies properly. You can change the Wizarding World for the better by letting everyone know what the Members of the Order of the Phoenix did that night on October 31, 1981," Lily smiles. " That way, generations could know all the effort and sacrifice those that lost their lives did to have a peaceful future," She stands and turns to look at Harry.