40- Epilogue

Three Years Later

"Hurry up girls or we are going to be late" Kelly yelled from the dining hall.

It had been three years exactly since the war and things were starting to get normal again. Well, as normal as it could be. Today, the supernatural world celebrated the victory of the 'One Day War' or the 'Battle of Allies'. The war had been a historical phenomenon because it had brought enemies and rivals together into an alliance of peace and safety.

I was standing in the middle of the kitchen finishing mixing the salad. I was having super at the Hundale's house so that we can go directly to the festival afterwards. Jessica and Raymond were laying the table on the backyard porch while Kelly and I prepared the food. I walked past the girl that was sitting on the kitchen island with a frown on her face.

"I don't like festivals" she grumbled. I chuckled and grabbed a salad bowl and placed in her opened arms.

"Stop whining Jimmy" I said and pecked her lips. "You missed two years of parties; it's time you integrate again. In the meantime, put the bowl on the table"

With a grunt, Jimmy left the kitchen to the backdoor. I watched her walk away with a grin. It felt good to have her grumpy self around again. I shook my head and brought the last of the food outside.

We were in the middle of February but with a magic shield we were able to eat as if we were in summer. Stars covered the sky and lightened up the ground. Candles lit the table and there was so much food on the table, we were running out of free place.

We all sat at the table: Raymond at the head with Kelly and Red on each side of him, Jimmy between Red and I and Jessica between me and her mom.

"Where's Xavier" Jess asked.

"He's hanging on from the chandelier" Jimmy said nonchalantly as she was putting food on her plate.

"What?" Jess growled. "You hung my son to a chandelier; what is wrong with you?"

"I got it" Raymond said as he stood up from his seat not wanting to be in any part of his daughters' raillery while Kelly sighed with exasperation.

After the war, Raymond had fallen into the legends as the Burnt Wolf: the wolf that killed the Hound. Everyone recognized him because a quarter of his body, along with half of his face was scarred. Everywhere he went, people cheered for him and looked at him in awe. Unfortunately, he was stuck on painkillers for the rest of his life. He and Kelly were doing great now barely left each other's side.

"He's a pain in my ass and had to learn a lesson" Jimmy responded.

"He's two years old, Jamie. You don't hang a kid to a chandelier because he annoys you"

"By his feet" Red added to make things worse. I shook my head trying to supress a smile. Suddenly, Jess got up from her chair and charged at her sister but Jimmy yelped and got out of the way just in time. We were laughing as the sisters were running around the backyard like children. The only difference was their speed which was a little too blurry to follow.

"I'm going to kill you" Jess yelled and Jimmy laughed aloud. "Jazzy, help me out here" With a wave of the hand, Jess went flying into a snow bank only in shorts and t-shirt. She groaned and sat up glaring at the table.

"Sorry, wrong sister" Red laughed sheepishly but we all knew there were no mistakes.

Even though Red was blind, she could see better than any of us. She looked through her 'Second Sight' and identified us by our auras and emotions. Her range was greater than any of us so she knew things were about to happen before it happened or that people will appear before we even knew they were there. It was almost impossible to lie to her anymore and her hearing had gotten sharper along with her magic. Red had matured more than she already was. She also gained self-respect and sense of calmness. She was more quiet and reserved but her smiles still lit the room along with her good nature.