ɴɪᴊᴜᴜᴋʏᴜ

Start from the beginning

"Child,"

Allen flinched at the sudden call, "Y-yes, Duke." 

".. My apologies."

"...? Pardon?"

"I feel guilty for letting you go through your horrible childhood… I should have acted like a better father."

What'd he say??

"Duke, I do not think this is something we should be talking about he-"

He looked down as he continued, "I do know that I am bothering your precious time and I am ashamed, even more so after all these years I haven't—"

Allen snapped before he could continue on, "It is a good thing that you are aware of your faults, good for you.". He glanced at him with emotionless eyes, "But it's not something that can be forgiven so easily, as you clearly neglected someone for nearly a decade. That is not worthy of being forgiven with an insincere apology. As for me accepting your apology… I apologize but I cannot do so."

"I… understand, but let us both take our time to cherish the present and-"

"-forget the past? Move on? Pardon?" Allen cutted him off, bursting into laughter, before stopping to look at him mockingly, "It seems you have forgotten what happened to me. The past where I almost died, if not for a certain someone who sacrificed theirs instead. It is not something I can forget that easily even after a decade has passed!"

"You do not know how that day still haunts me to this day. Every night and every time I close my eyes— I see her, dying every time." He continued, emphasizing the last part while gritting his teeth together.

"I was helpless then, but I don't want to be a coward now. You took me back with the thought of agreeing with my decision. You know why I'm here in the first place and I thought you respect that?"

"Alia-"

"Duke Todd Reed Montagné, my name is Allen. Please, remember that."

"Do also keep in mind that you must know why you are asking for forgiveness first  and try to be in the shoes of the person you are asking for forgiveness for once. This is not the right time nor place to talk about this. Thus, forgive me, but I must excuse myself." Allen finished as he turned around, leaving Todd stunned.

"Hopefully you'll reflect on what you're supposed to be sorry for— during our time apart, Duke."

Todd could only watch the back of the child he pledged to protect. He agreed to take her in, knowing that revenge occupied her mind, yes. But he knew Lily wouldn't like that thought so he tried to nip it in the bud. But it seems that in the time they were apart, Alianna had already set her mind on it—enough to know the consequences of her actions, already bracing for the worst.

Todd had no choice but to blame himself. He let the kid, he was entrusted with, down. He let that person's happiness slip by the years that passed by and cannot blame her for her actions as only his was to blame.

He sighed with one of his hands on his temple, "What do I do now, Achi…"

Allen supported his stomach as he sped up his walk, stopping by the pond bridge to take a breather.

Crap, I may have had indigestion.

❀•°•═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════•°•❀

Musume was seen arriving at the meeting spot he and Allen planned to meet at, but instead of seeing a grinning cheshire he stumbled upon sadness*.

"Noona,", he called out as Allen grabbed the satchel** by his shoulder, "Did anyone perhaps make you eat spoiled food?", he asked only to receive a knock on his head.