To Be Odd or Not to Be Odd

One day, Sophina was riding her flying horse, Maximus, and she was having a great time practicing. She was training for a prestigious flying derby race; the Flying Derby Championships, where she was going to race for the Flying Crown trophy—the greatest prize in royal sport. The race was in three weeks, and she wanted to do well.

After practice, Sophina got Maximus into the stables when her father came in to see her. "Sophina sweetie, your mother and I have a special surprise waiting for you," he said.

"Okay, Daddy," said Sophina.

Sophina went into the palace to see her mother.

"Sophina, this letter is from Prince Hugo of Zumaria," said Karina. "It sounds like he's interested in you."

Sophina read the letter carefully and said, "He says he's never heard of a flying derby princess, and he wants to meet me at his palace this Friday evening and Saturday morning along with Princess Hildegard of Rudistan. His parents are going to put me and Hildegard through some tests to see which one of us is a true princess."

"That's really good," said Eric.

"But he wants to see me in a flying derby uniform, not a dress," said Sophina.

"Alright," said Karina. "Then it's settled. You'll get to meet Prince Hugo of Zumaria."

"Okay," Momma," said Sophina.

But Sophina really wasn't sure about this. "Momma, Daddy, do you think I'm odd?" she asked.

Eric and Karina were surprised to hear this.

"What? Our little girl? Odd?" asked Eric. "Where did you get an idea like that?"

"I don't know," said Sophina. "I'm just not sure I fit in with the other royals. I'm really nothing like other princesses."

"No, but we love you for who you are, honey," said Karina. "I'm sure Prince Hugo would love you for who you really are."