Chapter 24: Confessions

Start from the beginning

His eyes suddenly looked down at his hand that had been placed on my leg. I watched his face turn a little shy as his eyes followed his hand that was moving slowly up my thigh.

I smiled as he got to my hand that was laying in my lap, and he slowly turned it over and slid his fingers in between mine. I felt my heart beat as I slowly closed my fingers over his, my eyes working their way up into his. He had just looked up at me as well, and he licked his lips and seemed to be wanting to say something.

I waited a couple seconds and still nothing was said, and I began to wonder what was on his mind.

"Whatcha thinking about?" I asked.

His expression didn't change.
"How pretty you are" he said, his voice soft.

I felt a warmth in my body as I made an 'Aww' face, my eyes dropping from his. Suddenly I knew what I wanted to say to him, but I hesitated. Readjusted my hand in his.

"Do you wanna know what I can't stop thinking about?" I finally said.

My eyes looked up to meet his, his full attention was on me.

"What?" He asked.

"Kissing you."

The words fell out and I held my breath, watching his expression turn into the one that makes my stomach turn.

"What about kissing me?" He asked. His eyes were a little playful but also curious and I knew I couldn't be shy in this moment. I could feel a little tension rising.

"I don't know, you're good" I said with a shrug, causing him to laugh a little.

"That's it? I'm just good?" He asked, and I rolled my eyes.

"Well you're really good, I know I shouldn't think about it but..." I trailed off, not really knowing what to say.

"Why not?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, I guess I just feel like I shouldn't..."

His eyes were staring deep into mine, his face was serious.
"Is it because you don't think I think about it? Because I do" he said, "I've probably thought about it more than you."

I just stared at him blankly. This was the first time Colby had been so open about his feelings, I was a little caught off guard.

"You can kiss me whenever you want," he added with a small airy laugh, "I wouldn't mind at all."

I was still speechless. Did he just give me permission to kiss him? Like, this was going to be a normal thing?

I swallowed hard and I nodded.
"You can kiss me whenever you want too" I said, licking my lips to hold back a smile.

A smile grew on his face and he bit his lip.
"Starting now?" He asked, his eyebrows raised.

My mind was racing, my stomach was turning.

Instead of answering, I slowly took my hand out of his and brought it up to his face as I leaned forward. He smiled and leaned towards me, our lips meeting softly in the middle.

The butterflies filled my body as I tried to let the moment sink in. I felt Colby's hand slide up to my waist as we pulled away, only for a second until I kissed him again.

His hand on my waist sent chills up my spine, he's only held me in that area after hugging sometimes. His hand was on my bare skin below my cropped shirt for longer than it's probably ever been as he readjusted our lips.

His lips were so warm and soft against mine, and just knowing I was kissing my best friend again heightened the nerves, and also the tension.
I could feel the tension coming off of me, but I could also feel it from Colby.