Chapter 25: No More Anticipation

I went to the bathroom and did my night routine. While I washed my face I had all these thoughts running through my head. I have never wanted someone so much in my life, and I just had the chance to have what I wanted and I couldn't answer.

I think it was still the thought of, how would it affect our friendship? But deep down I knew it would only make us closer. If it was good that is... but I had no doubt that Colby would be great, it was more me. I just had to be confident.

I looked in the mirror at myself for a few seconds. I couldn't believe he thought I was perfect. If he could say that then I shouldn't have to worry about anything. I took a deep breath and left the bathroom.

When I went to my room Colby had taken off his sweatshirt and laid in bed. He glanced over his phone at me and I sent him a small smile as I walked over to my closet.

I could feel his eyes on me and I felt my stomach turn nervously. I knew I wanted to change into something casual, but a little showy. I decided to wear something similar to what I had worn the night colby had come over and told me he broke up with his girlfriend.

What I was about to do was daring, but I knew I didn't have anything to worry about.

I slowly reached around to the bottom of my shirt and pulled it up and over my head. I did it slow on purpose. I then reached into my closet and grabbed a pink cropped sweater and put it on. I then tucked my fingers into the waistband of my sweatpants and worked them down until they dropped to the floor and I stepped out of them.

I looked down at my Calvin Klein underwear and knew they were one of my best pair, and I bit my lip before turning around slowly. My eyes met Colby's which were just making their way up to mine, they were wide and he looked stunned.

"Would you turn the lamp on?" I asked as I walked over to the light switch to turn it off.
Colby nodded and reached over and turned it on, and I switched off the light and made my way to the bed. He watched me the whole way as I climbed in next to him. I scooted in towards him and turned on my side to look at him.

He was still sitting up slightly and looking down at me. He slowly licked his lips as they curved into a smile, he was so cute. I smiled back and reached for his hand that was sitting in his lap. I slid mine into it and held it loosely as he cocked his head to the side.

"What's up" he said softly, his yes looking into mine curiously.

I didn't know what to say in that moment, my thoughts were racing. But I knew what I wanted and I hoped he still wanted it too.

"You know how you said we should just see what happens, between us?" I asked, my eyes trying their best to not look away from his.

"Yeah" he said, his smile faltering slightly.

I took a big, quiet deep breath.

"...Could we see what happens?"

My heart was beating out of my chest as he just stared at me, I think trying to understand what I meant.

There was no turning back now.

I slowly slid my hand out of his and dropped it into his lap, and it didn't take long to land over what was inside of his sweatpants.

My eyes hadn't left his and his smile was almost completely gone, his bottom lip dropping a little as he looked down at his lap then back at me.
My eyes then dropped to his lap where I watched my fingers trace the outline.

This was the first time I had ever touched him.

I looked back up at him and he was staring at me, I gave him a questioning look. The air had become thick and I found it harder to breathe.