Chapter 21: The Next Step

Comenzar desde el principio

"I also had like 5 drinks in me when we did the first time" I said as I smiled, making him smile a little.

"That's fair," he said, "I just wanted to make sure you weren't mad at me for wanting to or something."

I shook my head.
"I wasn't mad at all."

Colby smiled and nodded, "Good. So uh, wanna watch some more Carnival Row? I think there's only two episodes left."

"Yeah sure" I said.

We made our way to the couch where I sat down first, then Colby sat down right next to me. Normally we'd grab a blanket right away, but after being in Sam's apartment where it is usually freezing we were too warm to cover up.

I pulled my leg closest to Colby into my chest and leaned against him slightly, and he looked over at me and smiled. Our faces were pretty close, and it brought back memories of earlier that night when he leaned in and kissed me. I could tell that was what he was thinking about too, and we both ended up blushing and looking away from each other.

There was a weird, exciting tension in the air after that, knowing that we were both thinking about it.
The show started to play and I slowly started to focus more of my attention on the tv. Since it was the second to last episode it was pretty intense, and towards the end I was on edge.

We made comments throughout the episode, and once it was over and we started the last one Colby sighed.

"It's always sad when a show you really like ends, or there's no more episodes to watch" he said.

"I know, we are just gonna have to find something else until the next season comes out."

I smiled over at him and switched my legs so my right one was bent and the left one laid flat against his. He sent me a smile before looking back at the tv.

Things got super intense during the finale, and I found myself turning towards Colby and burying my face into his shoulder.

"I can't watch" I said into his shirt as I brought my hand up to hold onto his arm.

I heard him laugh and I felt his hand slide onto my thigh.

"Come on you're gonna miss it" he said, I could tell he was looking at me.

I sighed and slowly lifted my head up, my eyes catching Colby's that were only inches away.

He had a small smile on his face and we just stared at each other, I was holding my breath. His eyes suddenly dropped to my lips before going back to look into my eyes, and I felt my heart racing. My mind was telling me to look away, but my body wanted something else.

I slowly leaned up and pressed my lips against his, but pulled away just as fast. I just kissed Colby. I kissed him without anyone telling me to.

I stared at him with wide eyes, my hand still frozen on his arm. He was looking at me with an expression I couldn't read.

It only lasted a second though, and a smile suddenly spread across his face as he slowly leaned forward, placing his lips back over mine.

My worries went away but the nerves kicked in as I kissed him back, my mind still trying to process what was happening.

I kissed Colby, and he kissed me back.

This kiss was different than the other times, it was soft and hesitant. He readjusted his lips on mine, and a few seconds later he slowly pulled away.

Our eyes locked and we couldn't stop the growing smiles on our faces. My cheeks were burning but I kept my gaze steady on his, this moment was going to be one to remember.