☆ | chapter 13 | ☆

Start from the beginning

"Well he's my boyfriend Missy."

"Yeah but he's gay and you're-"

"I know what I am thanks." Nas said to Missy with an eye roll.

"I know it's kind of a solution Nas but I don't think it's right." Evie said. "You shouldn't have to hide who you are, you both should just be yourselves."

Missy nodded in agreement while Nas gave a frustrated groan. "I can't be myself!"

Evie and Missy shared a look before the trio left and walked down the corridors.

"Oh here he is!" Evie grinned, spotting Naveed in front of them.

"Ackley's answer to Tom Daley." Missy added with a laugh.

"Nasreen." Naveed said with a wave.

"Can you two just give us a minute?" Nas asked the girls.

"Who are we to stand in the way of true love." Evie winked with a giggle before her and Missy left the two alone.

Elsewhere, at the end of lunch, Zack and Cory were walking through the halls, Cory telling his best mate all about how his brother got banged up over Christmas for selling drugs.

"Zack, can I have a word?" Mr Bell called. He was stood near an empty classroom.

"I need to get to get to class sir."

"Well I'll give you a note." Mr Bell smiled.

Zack sighed. "Catch ya later." He said to Cory before he approached the teacher.

"Mon' in." Mr Bell lead him into the classroom.

"Can I help you with something sir?"

"Just wanted to check in, see how you were doing."

"Fine." Zack said, but Mr Bell wasn't convinced.

"You can talk to me you know that don't ya?"

"Thanks sir, I need to go." Zack left the room in a hurry leaving Mr Bell sighing.

Later, Evie sat in the exam hall. Her brother hadn't shown up yet and the exam was about to start. It was their year 11 mocks.

"Missy, you seen Zack?" Evie asked her friend.

"Uh... no." Missy looked nervous.

It wasn't long into the exam that Missy got up and left, Miss Keane quickly following.

"I've finished sir." Evie said to Mr Simpson, leaving as well before he could stop her.

She roamed the halls for a while before bumping into someone.

"Cory." Evie sighed. "You seen Zack? He didn't show up for his mock."

"He ain't in a good way Ev." Cory said gently. "He were looking for Mr Bell."

"What do you mean he ain't in a good way?" She asked, alarmed.

"He just weren't himself, he were upset, looked like he were about to have a breakdown. I tried to follow him but he told me to leave him alone."