N.O.L.A. (Oneshot)

A/N: if you don't know what N.O.L.A. stands for, it stands for New Orleans, Louisiana.

Magnus's perspective:

"Let's go!" Lia said.

The groups:

My Dad (Benton) and Emily's parents: Alexandra and Clarence

Me and Wynton

Shun and Dan

Lia and Athena

Ajit and Emily

Lightning was going to stay in the hotel suite to sleep.

We were going to go buy some masks. And souvenirs.

Wynton and I stopped by the Louis Cathedral to take pictures: this cathedral was fhe first building in New Orleans. It's a very beautiful building in my opinion; but that may just be because I think cathedrals in general are pretty.

(A/N: I took this picture myself if you want to see it: sorry my camera's so blurry-)

"It's a really cool building, don't you think?" Wynton said.

"Yeah."

"Well, any idea where we can find masks and souvenirs?"

"We could go to the French Quarter— there are plenty of gift shops around Royal Street and Bourbon Street and whatnot."

"Okay! Well, lead us there, brave one."

That made me laugh.

"Of course."

And so we walked. We walked all the way to French Quarter.

"Okay... so... one mask per group unless both want one," I said, "Just to clarify."

"Yup."

We managed to find a good shop for masks, and they had a whole bunch on discount.

We went into the room with the discounts, and looked through them all.

"I have a lot on my bank account from my job so I'll pay for majority."

"Okay, just don't feel obliged to pay for something for me if it's too expensive. I have my own money too, you know," Wynton said. I nodded.

We found a very beautiful mask:

(Insert mask pic)

"We're most certainly going to win."

"Oh yeah. Nobody has better taste than us."

"What do we call our pair? Athena and Lia decided we should name our groups. We're the only ones who ended up not choosing a name yet."

"What options are not available?"

"Let's see... Benton, Alexandra, and Clarence called themselves the 'Adoptive Parents,' Dan and Shun called themselves 'Weak,' which I thought was hilarious, Lia and Athena called themselves 'Fems,' and Ajit and Emily called themselves 'Youngsters.' So... anything we have in common, I guess we go by that."

"Two things: one: That name for Dan and Shun is absolutely hilarious, and also... I'm not as well versed in technological intelligence as you may be, but we both can hack systems and some shit like that, so..."

"I've got it, then!! We're 'Techies!' Sound good to you?"

"Sure."

"Great!!"

We went around trying hats and masks and stuff on.

"I can totally imagine us like Max and Eleven from Stranger Things!! We have literally the same relationship. Like- you thought you hated me, but now- you and I are like- best friends!" Wynton commented.

"Hah- yeah! I didn't know you watched Stranger Things too."

"I figured that was probably the best we related— it was easy to tell whether you'd be interested in Stranger Things or not."

"Well, it wasn't easy for me. In fact, I'd never would've thought up until you told me."

"Heh- I don't always like the same things as my friends. I'm pretty sure you've noticed that already!"

"Your friends do seem pretty pissed whenever you try to prank them."

"Yeah.."

We spent the rest of the time shopping and talking.

I had just made myself a new friend— probably one of my only friends.

We traveled back and compared masks— and of course, Emily and Ajit won. But we still had a real good time. We finally settled down, and chose places to sleep.

Emily, Alexandra, and Clarence would all sleep together in the bed to the left. I would sleep with my dad in the bed to the right. Lia and Athena would share the bed, and Wynton, Shun, Ajit, Dan, and Lightning would all share the floor. Obviously we would ask for more pillows for them, nut they're sleeping on the floor and nowhere else.

That day may have been the most fun I'd had in ages.