Chapter 2: A New World

★彡 ᴡᴇᴅɴᴇsᴅᴀʏ, 𝟻:𝟶𝟶 ᴘᴍ, ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ. 彡★

From the outside, the house looked very stylish. It had been built with blue stones and had white stone decorations, with large, squared windows that allowed enough light to enter the home, though it was evening when Cale arrived. The building was shaped like a squared S. The roof was high, flat, and layered, covered with black ceramic tiles. There were no chimneys, instead, two roof terraces surrounded the roof. The house itself was surrounded by a modest garden, with mostly grass, a few flower patches, and a big oak tree, which had a swing hanging from it.

Inside, the house was equipped with a spacious living room, an average kitchen, and one large bathroom. It also had five bedrooms, a roomy dining room, a multimedia room, and a cozy basement. The second floor was bigger than the first with four of the five bedrooms. Everything was extremely modern and classy.

Cale stood impressed in the living room after a tour of the mansion. It was a far cry from what he owned back in the Roan Kingdom, but it was still quite a flashy mansion for the modern world. It screamed 'rich', and Cale liked it.

He noticed an old man, maybe around 60 years of age, walking up to him. He was a man with silver, straight hair that was neatly combed to reveal a furrowed, aged face, and sparkling green eyes, gazing at him cautiously. The lines on his face were a clear sign of years of experience and wisdom, and the closely fitting ironed black suit suggested his position as a butler. He reminded Cale of Ron if the latter were not a vicious assassin, and only an unassuming, innocent old man like he often pretended.

Cale looked up at the old man, who had a few other people walking up behind him, and waved leisurely, evidently not in a hurry to introduce himself.

"Good evening, I'm Cale Henituse."

Ah, the man gasped. It was their new young master. The old man bowed while introducing himself. "This old man is called Kim Yeong Jin. It is a pleasure to meet you, young master Cale. I will be your butler from today." Cale nodded, his expression stoic and indifferent as usual.

A woman with grey hair tied neatly in a bun arrived beside the old man. Heavy, brown eyes watched the scene unfolding in front of her with curiosity. She had on a simple gown, which was mostly covered with an apron. The old man smiled and pointed at the old lady.

"This is my wife, and your chef from today onwards, Kim Ah Hyun." The old woman smiled gently at Cale, and his first thought was to call her grandma Kim. She looked very similar to the old woman from when he was Kim Rok Soo and he tried, unsuccessfully, to not draw parallels between the two.

Beside Grandma Kim, was a young man with curly, ginger hair. He had a youthful face and a bright smile on his face as he greeted Cale. (He reminded Cale of Hans and his over-energetic smart mouth.) He was also wearing a suit but was much younger than the old butler who had been the first to introduce himself.

"This young boy is my son, and your secretary, Kim Eun Soo." The young man bowed as his introduction too came to an end. "There are several other servants who will be helping you starting today."

Cale nodded, a small, rare smile gracing his lips. "Take good care of me then."

The other three bowed in unison, "Yes, Young Master!"

★彡 ᴛʜᴜʀsᴅᴀʏ, 𝟿:𝟶𝟶 ᴀᴍ, ᴄᴀʟᴇ's ʙᴇᴅʀᴏᴏᴍ. 彡★

The next morning, as Cale was getting ready for work - which was surprising since he would rarely do anything himself. - the old butler risked it and asked a question that had been on his family's mind the entire night. "If you don't mind this old man asking, sir, are you here by yourself?"