The admiral looked down at the papers and then back at the map on the table, pointing his index finger on a spot north from the homeland. "The report mentioned the occupants said coming from here. They also talked about our land being called the Frontier or Colonies or something else. Other forces along the border reported civilians trying to cross the border calling our land the Colonies. This all just doesn't make sense."

"There? That's Principality territory." General Schwarzkopf noted. "You believe they may possibly be from the Principality and this is all some ploy to catch us with our guard down?"

"Unlikely." General Riemann stated. "I've studied the Prinps in their tactics and doctrines. As devious as the bastards may be, this is not in their nature. If they really were pulling some ploy against us, this isn't in their way of thinking. This is entirely someone else we're dealing with."

"Then who is it?" The chancellor piped in. "Did they recover anything related to the identity of the ship's occupants? Anything like a flag or documents?"

"Affirmative. Before the ship was scuttled they retrieved the flag waving from the vessel's mast. Not only that, but they have the entire crew and someone who claims to be the princess of the Arkport royal family." Admiral Rudel answered. "I've arranged for her to be flown by plane to Jemcaster so we can further question her. Hopefully she'll shed more light on our current plight."

_________________________________

Meanwhile...
Great Jewel Sea

"No magic? But then how does this ship even function at all?" Princess Rose exclaimed before the ship's first officer who was giving a brief tour to her and her bodyguard. "Wouldn't mana be required for the engine to function and spin the turbine?"

"Again, nothing here uses this mana you speak of. This ship is powered by six diesel engines that work the shafts spinning the propellers."

"Diesel? What is this diesel you mention? Is that what this ship runs on instead of mana?"

"Yes. Since you seem to lack the basic knowledge of it, diesel is the next step ahead from steam powered turbines. We use diesel fuel now instead of the burning of coal or oil."

"Steam turbines?" That was something the princess was more aware of. "You mean like what the dwarves use to power their ships? I've heard they invented turbines powered by steam due to their lack magic. Does your civilization somehow lack magic of it's own?"

"Why are you so on about this magic?" The first officer responded. "Magic is all a bunch of nonsense used for entertainment in children's story books. Have you been living in some sort of fairy tale or something?"

"Do not speak in such a tone before the princess!" Sir Keaton snapped at the officer. "You may be the first-mate of your ship, but she is a princess! She deserves more respect than you've shown her!"

The commander was not impressed of the man's rant. "Two things you should know pal. One being, respect is earned from others, not given. Second being, she's not my princess. If you have a problem with that take it up with the captain. I'm positive he'll say the same thing I did."

"But she's of royal blood! She deserves —," Keaton was silenced mid-rant by Princess Rose who tugged on his sleeve to catch his attention.

"I am not at all offended or feel insulted. Perhaps there's something we're not understanding among this confusion." She said trying to ease down the tension. "Perhaps we can talk more like civil people and get to the bottom of this together?"