029 // A Rose In A Field of A Hundred Flowers

Third Person's Point of View

Remembering the events from yesterday, from the House to House, to the song she sang on stage, hindi mapakali si Tricia.

Aika, who had been watching her the whole time huffed. "Ano ba yan Tricia, kanina pa ako nahihilo sayo."

"Kasi naman Ate," Tricia said, finally facing her sister. "Nakakalito siya."

"Tanungin mo kaya siya imbes na nababaliw ka na diyan kakaisip." Noticing the stressed out look on her face, she stood up and approached her younger sister. "One year na din yan, jusko."

"Paano if she doesn't feel the same way pala?"

"Well," Ate Aika started off. "Worst case scenario she doesn't feel the same way and you both stay as friends."

Tricia looked at her Ate with a pout. "What if she doesn't want anything to do with me pag sinabi ko sa kanya yung feelings ko?"

"Mukha bang klaseng tao si Teddy na hindi mamamansin dahil lang doon?" She stayed quiet for a while, watching her sister take the question in. Once Tricia shook her head, she continued. "No diba? And if she ever sees you differently, tas hindi ka niya papansinin just because of that, then she's not worth your time Patty."

Tricia closed her eyes and took a deep breath before nodding her head. "You're right."

Aika scoffed and went back to what she was doing, which was scrolling through her Instagram. "Pshh, ako lang toh."

The same hour, she decided to drive over to Teddy's apartment kasi hindi na talaga siya mapakali. Reaching the apartment door, Trish knocked. Once Teddy opened the door, she walked in.

"Trish?"

"Teddy I need to talk to you, and I need you to be honest. Ano ba talaga tayo? Kasi-"

Teddy looked at her wide-eyed, not expecting her best friend to barge in like that. "Trish..."

"Kasi naguguluhan na ako Teddy eh, ang sweet mo sakin eh hindi ka naman ganun sa iba, tapos life mission mo ata na patayin ako sa kilig-"

"Tricia-"

"Pero ako naman tatanga tanga kasi kinikilig, pero yung last straw na talaga is yung kagabi eh. When you sang that song. Hindi ko alam kung nagiging delusional ako kasi gusto kong maniwala na gusto mo din ako, pero you looked at me the whole time. It's like you were singing that song to me."

"Patricia!"

"What??" Tricia turned around and looked at Teddy who was looking at something behind her.

She turned around and saw Josephine looking at her with both her eyebrows raised, giving her an amused look. "No, go lang Ate, I-real talk mo yang kapatid ko. Ang hina kasi eh, walang game."

Biglang nahiya si Tricia so she covered her face kasi she was so red.

Punyeta Tricia, hindi kasi makapaghintay eh.

Deciding to save her from further embarrassment, Teddy pulled her towards the kitchen, but not before signaling Joe to go to the room.

Once Tricia heard the bedroom close, she removed her hands from her face and looked at Teddy, who was just looking at her with a smirk. "Oh my god, nakakahiya."

"Hindi naman," Teddy said, her smirk widening before putting her thumb and pointer finger together. "Slight lang."

Tricia slapped her shoulder making Teddy laugh. She groaned and started walking away pero Teddy pulled her towards her.