9-(neighbor pt2)

Continued from the last part

When I got to my room I sat on my bed and thought about anything that could help me figure out if he was the killer

I was tired of thinking about my neighbor, he probably was a normal guy who I just completely misunderstood.

I woke up confused still in my clothes from yesterday, my lights were on and I was on top of my blankets. I must have fallen asleep after Mr. porter came to the house, it was almost dark out so I knew I was asleep for a long time. I reached for my phone when I turned it on there were dozens of texts, pictures, and missed calls from my friends. What's going on! I thought. It was almost 9 pm, I was out for most of the day, so my friends were probably wondering why I wasn't responding but that many texts were not normal.

I opened my phone and started reading the texts

Hannah

2 pm-(BREE!)

2 pm-(Did you see the news)

2 pm-(Its Conner Bailey's mom)

2 pm-(she was kidnapped!)

2 pm-(Do you think it was your neighbor?!)

2 pm-(We need to do something!)

3 pm-(Hello?)

4 pm-(BREE!)

5 pm-(You starting to worry me)

8 pm-(hello?)

No!

 Not Charlotte. This cannot be happening. I see charlotte every week when I go to my doctor's appointments, I tell her about everything, random rants, questions, just everything. She listens and gives me life advice, sometimes she talks about things that annoy her. I actually like going to my appointments because I get to see her. 

She can't die.

I read more texts from my friends they were all about Charlotte, Ethan even sent me a video of the news broadcasters announcing her disappearance they gave a picture of her at the top of the screen and I began to cry, at the end of the announcement Bob came on screen he was crying and his face was red and puffy, he talked about charlotte for a few minutes and asked that whoever took charlotte return her safely.

After watching many seasons of criminal minds I knew it was routine for a missing person's family to go on the news and try to convince the kidnapper to bring back their loved one, but seeing Bob look so heartbroken was hard to watch, at this point, I was sobbing, I turned my phone off put on shoes and snuck out my window.

I ran to Mr. Porter's house, not even caring how dangerous going to his house could be, I just wanted charlotte safe.

I started banging on his door, but the light was off and he didn't come to the door. I went around back and jumped over the fence and knocked on the back door and looked through the window it didn't look like he was even home I went back to the front and saw his car wasn't there that was when I remembered the hidden key we used when my friends and I snuck in.

I unlocked the door and went in, it was dark and quiet. "Charlotte!" "Charlotte!" I yelled but the house stayed silent. Charlotte wasn't there, I probably was wrong assuming my neighbor had anything to do with this but I wanted to look around since I was already inside, just in case.

Everything looked in place, almost too in place the pillows on his couch were perfectly fluffed every photo on the wall was centered perfectly, except for a few polaroid photos scattered on his desk I couldn't really see what was on the pictures because of the dark but I took a picture with flash, I took pictures with a flash of almost everything to look at later in case it meant something.

I didn't want to be in his house any longer than I had to so I finished taking pictures and left.

When I returned to my bedroom I started thinking about how Conner and Alex were probably at fairy tea parties or whatever it is they were doing there, completely unaware that their mom was missing, and likely taken by a killer. Thinking about it made me cry harder. I was mad Conner wasn't here and a little happy that he wasn't because maybe Charlotte would come home safe before he even had to worry about her, but mostly I was so sad for him and Alex, they already lost their dad they couldn't lose their mom too. I cried myself to sleep thinking about conner.

I woke up, but I didn't recognize my surroundings, everything looked kinda fuzzy but i was on a little island with stones instead of sand, there was dark water all around the sky was also pretty dark it felt like I was in a dream. In the darkness I could see a man, I instantly recognized him,

Conner.