Introduction Of The Younger Brother

Start from the beginning

“I apologise for that” Jiang Cheng said and side stepped to give way for the other but Lan Wangji did not move at all.

“You... A stranger” He said.

Jiang Cheng raised a brow, a little annoyed, he had no energy to deal with this now.

“Brother is not safe” He added and Jiang Cheng sighed before shaking his head, okay its given to be suspicious and Jiang Cheng gets that but he really wanted to lay down now.

“Look, I am not going to harm your Brother and yes you have every reason to doubt me but Im telling you this, im not the guy you should be watching over”

Lan Wangji’s brow twitched, this time he was giving Jiang Cheng a strange look as if gouging his answer yet he still didn’t move and it started to piss him off honestly.

“Are you going to move or what?” he asked, Lan Wangji gave him one last look before he finally moved, walking past him and Jiang Cheng shook his head sighing before heading towards his room.

“Ass.. “he murmured under his breath once he was sure Lan Wangji is far away from him. Once he arrived at his room he threw his sword on the bed and started to strip his clothing, he was itching to get some bath and be refreshed, thankfully the bath is already prepared and Jiang Cheng couldn’t help but compare the wooden barrel to the tub in their house, he can’t stretch his legs on this one but ah whatever. He started cleaning and washing himself, staying at the tub until the water turned cold. He also noticed the fresh set of robes and immediately started to change and tied his long hair in a bun.

After half an hour or so he heard a knock on his door and found Lan Jingyi “Zewu-jun said Dinner will be served soon”

“Can’t I just like.. Eat here?” Jiang Cheng asked, he is really not looking forward to join the family dinner.

Lan Jingyi only shook his head “ Zewu-jun specifically requested your presence so.. “

“Fine, let’s go” Jiang Cheng sighed and left the room, the two walked towards the hallways heading towards the dining hall during this Jiang Cheng frowned when he noticed Lan Jingyi had been constantly glancing at him which is quite obvious by the way. He was just about to ignore it but then it made him a little uncomfortable so he decided to confront him.

“What? You keep staring, do you have something to say?”

“Nothing, it’s just that Ive never seen Zewu-jun that lively again since the.. fire” Lan Jingyi started.

“Okay... And?”

“Since you arrived here he seemed to be getting more enthusiastic... He was very sombre after the fire and we thought he would be like that for a long time. But ever since you arrived his mood drastically improved. ”

Jiang Cheng raised a brow at that “Is that so? And you don’t find me suspicious? I’m like from a different place you know”

“No, If Zewu-jun trusts you then I’d do the same. To be honest I am quite curious to see the place where you came from.

Seeing that they are nearing the hall he whispered to Lan Jingyi “I’ll tell you more about it later “ he gave him a small wave as he walked inside, Jiang Cheng could definitely feel the eyes that was fixed on his direction and he frowned, the disciples and Elders fixed their gaze at him as he arrived. This is awkward! It’s like he was walking in the crowd wearing a big stupid hat or something, he was glad he couldn’t hear murmurs but damn those eyes were judging!

He immediately saw Lan Xichen smiling at him and making small gestures towards the vacant seat beside him. As he made his way he saw Lan Wangji’s cold gaze directed towards him and he frowned and decided to ignore it as he sat beside Lan Xichen.