"Salamat Ma'am Irene." That's the only thing that came out of my mouth and continued with whatever heck I'm doing.

"A-anak."

"Wala ho kayong anak na babae hindi po ba? Sige na po ma'am Irene baka po nakaka abala pa po ako. Isang karangalan po ang maihatid ninyo ang kape ko saakin. Sige po, sobrang dami ko pang gawain." I said preventing myself to cry.

"Anak naman alam mo naman situation diba? Sana anak maintin-"

"Naiintindihan ko ho Ms. Irene. Na wala po kayong anak na babae? Opo naiintindihan ko po." I said. Wala na. My voice cracked. I feel hot. My eyes are filled with hot liquid. I heared her sigh and the next thing I know? She was hugging me.

"I'm sorry mahal ko. I'm really sorry."

"Hanggang kailan mo ako sasaktan Mommy?" That's the only thing I said as I cried.

 Nakakapagod. Nakakadissappoint. Nakakasakit.

Third Person's POV

Flashback

Circa 2007

It was a Sunday morning when the whole Aranetas and Marcoses went to church. Irene was carrying her 3 year old daughter but her face was hiding.

"Naimbag a malem, Maam Irene!" A citizen greeted them.

"Naimbag a malem, Nang!" Irene smiled.

"Ang ganda niyo ho pag masdan. Anak niyo ho?" The old woman asked as she pointed Serene who is wide awake in her Mommy's arms.

"Ah hindi po Manang. Anak ng kaibigan ko." she said. At a young age, Serene can understand this already.

"Ay ganon ho ba. O sige po ingat po kayo." The old lady said.

"Kayo rin ho." She said back and went in the church. When they went to their sits, Irene was putting Serene to her side when

"I dont wike you!" she said as she went down and went to her Tita Mama that let her dumbfounded.

"Yes darling?" Imee said as she carried her niece. Serene was just hugging Imee.

"Why are you here baby? Hmm?" Imee asked her.

"Me not Mommith baby anymowe." she said as tears flowed to her eyes. Imee looked at Irene. Irene was about to explain herself when the mass started.

In the part of "Peace be with You" Irene was about to kiss her daughter when Serene glared at her mother.

"What have I done?" is the only thing Irene can say to herself.

Mass is done and they were going to the family house. Irene was getting her daughter when she threw a tantrum.

"Baby, halika na please." Irene said offering her hands to her daughter who was in Imee's arms. All Serene did was hit her Mommy's hands.

"Vens, not nice baby." she said.

"Awis ka diyan! Di ikaw Mommy ko!" she shouted. Her daughter ran out of patience. She was hungry, tired, and of course confused with her Mom's action awhile ago. All of them were shocked.

"M-mahal ko."

"Mama tawa (tara) na nga po. I don't have Mommy. You told the wowa kanina!" She angrily said.

"Ano ba nangyari?" Imee said. Irene told her everything.

"Eh kaya naman pala nag aalburoto na to. Ayusin mo to. Sasabay ko na muna to at pagod na to. Akin na muna mga bag niya at inaantok na rin at gutom na pamangkin ko." Imee said as she went in her vehicle. Irene went to theirs too.

At the mansion...

After eating Irene went to her daughter who is in the playroom.

"Mahal ko?"

"What now tita?" she sassily said.

"Baby, it's Mommy anak." she said as she sat by her side.

"I don't hab Mommy. Mommy don't wab me."

"Anak."

"You so guwo. I make sumbong you to Mama."

"Kay Tita Mama mo anak?"

"She is my Mama now because my Mommy don't wab me."

"Anak naman. Mommy loves you much you know that."

"No! If you wab me, you won't say that, Tita." she said.

Irene's heart stings everytime her daughter calls her Tita.

"Honey look at me." At first her daughter was stiffening her body so that she cannot look at her Mommy.

"Baby Bear, can you you look at bunny po?" she said. That's her last chance. And her baby bear looked at her! With tears!

"Baby bear, bunny loves you so much! You know that anak. Mommy needs to protect you from the people anak. Once you grow up you'll understand anak."  she said as she wiped her f

"B-but I'm a grow up na." she uttered as she bowed her head.

"Once you grow up like your brothers baby. Always remember Mommy loves you ok? Mommy loves you no matter what anak." Her little bear looked at her and buried it's face to her neck.

"I wuv you bunny." she said. 

"I love you the most baby bear!" she said and peppered her daughter's face with her kiss. 

"Can you call me Mommy na mahal ko?" 

"I wuv you Mommy." Serene said and kissed her Mom's cheeks and lips.

End of Flashback

"I'm a grown up na, but I still can't understand my situation Ma." Serene said while she was still in her Mother's arms.

Hanggang kailan tayo ganito ma? Hanggang kailan mo ako papahirapan? Hanggang kailan ako masasaktan ng ganito? Are my pains still not enough for you to stop hurting me this way? We are better than this ma. We are better than this.

Author's Note:

Ayun na nga! It is now September 16, the birthday of our beloved Mrs. Irene Marcos Araneta! Happy Birthday to the most beautiful woman I know! Thank you for making us happy, madam!

And sana napasaya ko kayo sa update ko! There you have it! Chapter 8, done! Bawi na ako ha? Hahahahaha! Ayun lang ang saya ng chapter na to. Salamat sa pag hihintay ng update. Kita kits sa susunod na chapter! Maraming salamat sa pagbabasa!
- Rie 💐