Chapter 21 With Family and Friends

Start from the beginning

It was Aurelia's habit to buy Lyra everything and anything she could get her hands on. This had often led to small  exchange of words between the siblings which would then result in Regulus begging for forgiveness for trying to come in between the aunt and niece. He really could never win from his sister.

Next Regulus had gifted few advanced level potion books and ingredients to Lyra. A beautiful charm bracelet with little charms of a wolf, a rose and a star was also gifted to Lyra by her parents.

After opening up the gifts, the trio had a lovely breakfast prepared by the entire family together. After all Christmas is all about family time, right.

Since it was Christmas, Kreature was given a holiday and could spend the day as he wished. Naturally the elf went to his mistress's old house and was going to spend the morning hours right in front of her portrait.

After enjoying their breakfast, the family of three then went to a nearby market to bring some last moment dinner supplies. With trying to reel in the wandering hands of his chocolate obsessed husband and daughter, Regulus had a tough time completing their shopping with the ridiculous amount of crowd around them.

Bringing back the groceries and all, with the help of Kreature who had thankfully returned back, they started preparing for the Christmas party.

Thanks to a little magic, soon all the dishes were ready with the house fully decorated as well. After having a quick lunch and some rest, the hosts were ready for their guests.

Generally only the Diggory's and Blacks would spend the Christmas evening together. But this time the Weasleys were invited as well. Aurelia had also taken it upon herself to invite their cousin, Andromeda and her family. She already had a good relation with Dora so inviting her cousin was easy. Hence, tonight the house was going to be rather packed. Lyra was happy since more people meant less chances of being left alone with the pretty boy. Besides the twins were going be there, so that was an added bonus for her.

Soon it was time for the guests to arrive. Keeping their words, the Diggory's were the first and soon Lyra was being spinned around by her aunt in the hall. After wishing each other and exchanging gifts which were going to be opened up later on, Aurelia went up to the Christmas tree and hanged a few hogwarts themed decoration balls up there.

Soon everyone became busy as the Weasleys too arrived with their rather large brood and few casseroles filled with delicious treats

A 9 year old Ron looked too out of place in the beautifully decorated living room. He had heard stories about the beautiful hogwarts professor, Aurelia Black. The moment the twins had retuned back for their Christmas break, not a day went by when they didn't sung praises for the young professor. Ron just prayed none of his family members specially his brothers would make a fool out of themselves in front of the mysterious professor.

The 8 year old, timid and shy little girl named Ginny was attached to her mother's hip. She was definitely not going to leave Molly's side tonight for sure. On the other hand the twins right since their arrival were busy with Lyra with god knows what. Percy was trying to suck up to Regulus and on occasions to  Amos. Amos and Arthur were busy with their ministry related talks, while Ethan was with his brothers in laws sharing his  new session experiences.

Aurelia was busy with Molly with a red faced Cedric and Ginny sitting close to their respective mothers😁. A little later the Tonks too arrived with gifts and finally the house was full.

The kids and adults had their own groups. Needless to say everyone was having lots of fun. Ethan had tried a muggle tradition this time and had prepared for a secret Santa sort of thing. After much persuasion, Kreature had consented and now was dressed in an adorable santa dress and was handing gifts to the children. Ginny almost cried in happiness when the little girl received a beautiful doll which was specially bought by Aurelia.

After this the dinner began and the house was again filled with chatters, laughs and smiles as all stuffed their mouths with mouthwatering dishes and their hearts with beautiful memories.

Andromeda looked around her. Regulus, the poster boy of Blacks had his hand draped around his husband, a werewolf. Aurelia, the girl who was left orphaned too young was engulfed in her husband's warm embrace. Kreature, the elf who practically sneered and breathed insults at muggles, muggleborns and anyone who was not a Pureblood and today he not so willingly but still with a content face was entertaining the younger Weasley kids. Life was really full of surprises. Her heart swelled up looking at the happy faces. And then it broke thinking about another Black who was all alone today surrounded by criminals and coldness.

Aurelia closed her eyes and relaxed in Ethan's arms listening to some crazy story Arthur narrated about his and Molly's early marriage days. Ethan rubbed her arms to provide her a bit of warmth and smiled at Remus when he looked at their direction. Unknown to all, Dora took multiple of photos of this magical bonding time. The photos were important. They were going to be a great source of strength. When the days would become dark, when friends and families would break, these photos would remind them of better days. These photos would motivate them to fight back. Hence, these photos were important. But, Dora didn't know that. For today, these photos were just for a token of these sweet moments.

✨✨✨ Hello everyone. This update was long due, I know. But life is too hectic at the moment. Do let me know how was the chapter. Since Christmas is not a part of my culture, I just kept it very non traditional. Share how you guys celebrate the festival with your families.

The favorite part in the chapter??
Any suggestions, constructive remarks.. all are welcome😊.

1859 words✨✨✨