THIRTY-SEVEN - NO OTHER SHADE

Start from the beginning

I expected her to come out with Finn but she waltzed out alone. She carried her keys in between her knuckles, something that I had seen Arabella do before when walking alone. I watched her get closer and closer to me and made sure to keep a distance when I stepped out, knowing she may swing at me.

"Dani." I called out to her as I walked out, clasping my hands behind my back slowly.

"Fuck, Harry!" She gasped loudly. She narrowed her eyes at me, her free hand reaching for her phone, "You scared me, you ass. What are you doing hiding back there? Ew, were you waiting for me? Belly won't be happy about..."

"Daniela, for once in your life, shut up." I breathed out at her, rolling my eyes to the sky and shaking my head at her theatricals, "You've never learned to shut up, have you?"

"Excuse-"

"Stop. Talking." I cut her off harshly, raising my eyebrows, "It's time for you to listen now. I have to talk to you about your sister."

Dani eyed me suspiciously at first, but then let out a sigh as she shook her head and began to walk, "Fine, but walk and talk, okay? I want to get home."

"No, this will only take a second." I stepped in front of her, blocking her from continuing on.

I saw a flash of fear in her eyes and I almost felt bad, but then I remembered the way she spoke to Arabella the night before, and I found myself hardening right back up. She deserved to feel a little afraid. Not of me, of course, but of the thought of losing Arabella. She was going to wind up all alone in life if she didn't stop treating her sister like trash.

"Arabella is the best person I've ever met." I started out, only to be cut off immediately.

"Is that why you're fucking her in secret? Behind your girlfriend's back?" Dani asked, tilting her head slightly as she crossed her arms.

"My... relationship..." I always struggled over that word, winced when I said it, "is none of your business. It's more complicated than you'll ever understand. And my actions have absolutely no fucking reflection on your sister. She's single and can do whatever she wants to do. If you're going to be upset at someone, it's going to be me. Not her. She doesn't deserve that shit, she's a goddamn saint. She's fought her feelings for me every step of the way. She's displayed more self control and restraint than I'll ever possess in my lifetime."

Dani shifted her weight from one foot to the other, looking extremely uncomfortable. I didn't care. She had to hear this and get it through her head. Just because Arabella was her sister didn't mean she had a right to invade every aspect of her personal life and involve herself in things that had nothing to do with her.

I continued on quickly, knowing if I gave her too much space to speak she would say something to piss me off more.

"You're going to back off of her. She doesn't deserve to be spoken to and mistreated the way she has been by you. She raised you. She's been through hell to protect you and you treat her like absolute shit. She always has your back, but when is it her turn? When are you finally going to stand beside her and support her for a change? How come she stands beside you through everything and you get to pick and choose when to support her?"

"You don't know what you're talking about..." Dani started to say, but I shook my head, holding my hand up to silence her.

"You're listening, remember? Not a fucking word." I ordered her, watching her take a step back from me, "Start treating your sister with respect. Her private life is hers, she is allowed to do whatever she wants without your judgement. After all, you've been trying to fuck her best friend behind her back for years, I don't think you really get a say in what's right and wrong."