ELEVEN - RUINING MY LIFE

Arabella had been gone too fucking long already

She just turned and waltzed into that bathroom like it was no big deal, ready to get on her knees for a stranger just because I had dared her to. It reminded me of who she was back at Apartment X. She seemed wild and reckless and intoxicating, but later that night, we got vulnerable with one another and she told me the truth. She told me that it was all a front. That she was doing stupid shit to hurt herself and to feel something other than the numb state she had been left in. I didn't think she was still that girl now.

Apparently, I was wrong. I thought she would slap me across the face before she agreed to enter that bathroom. I thought she would take the three shots of rumple minze that I was going to force on her instead. I just wanted to get her drunk, I didn't want to send her off to actual fucking danger and now I was sitting here, worried and angry that I was worried because I hate her and I wanted to keep it that way.

I was sitting at the bar, staring at the door that she just disappeared behind. My leg was bouncing up and down as I thought about what she was going to do in that stall. My stomach twisted angrily and I found myself preparing to get up so I could stop this.

"Fuck." I whispered, wanting to go in there and tell her to knock it the fuck off and quit playing these games. But did I want to lose our game in order to do that? I fought with myself, keeping my eyes strictly on the door to ensure nobody walked in. I'd block the damn thing with my body if I had to.

"Uh oh. You look like you need a drink." Buffy walked over, plopping down in the bar chair next to mine, cradling her own empty glass in her hands, "I feel very drunk. Where's... where is Airy? Did you scare her off, you beast?!"

"No! She's in there." I gestured to the door, not taking my eyes off it for even a second. I had to watch who went in. I had to make sure that she didn't actually...

"Okay, so why are you watching the door? You miss her that much?" She laughed, spinning in her chair so she was facing the bar now, "Daniela, baby girl, please get this poor man a drink. I think he's suffering from a bit of obsession."

"I am not obsessed. I played the stupid game. I dared her... I dared her to..." I swallowed harshly, shaking my head as I turned away from the bathroom and toward Buffy.

"You dared her to what?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Doesn't matter. Can I have a whiskey, neat? Thanks." I rubbed the bridge of my nose, feeling a headache coming on.

The door behind me felt like a 1,000-pound weight on my back and I couldn't stop myself from turning around to look at it again. A few girls were going inside together, all giggling and drunk, and I relaxed, assuming they wouldn't be a threat. If they were, I knew Arabella could take them. I looked up at Dani as she slid the drink in front of me, smirking.

"Would you two fuck already and get it over with?" She asked, wiping down a glass as she spoke.

"Yeah, you're both ridiculously obvious." Buffy said, tilting her head in my direction as I turned to look at the bathroom door again, "I could light myself on fire from the friction between you."