23. Next chapter in life

Magsimula sa umpisa

I pressed the buzzer and reached Arnaud's secretary who obviously had been relocated but was still in the building.

"Hello Miss Roux, what do you say about helping me set up a schedule?"

"I'd be happy to be of help Mrs Fabre."

My days were suddenly filled with things to do, while I sat next to the board and learned to walk and talk again. Everybody were incredibly supportive. In my own world I never thought it was so obvious how much I had meant to Arnaud and how much he had meant to me, but through the eyes of the staff I learned how strong our love had been.

* * *

While my executive training continued, I couldn't ignore my relationship with Linda and Jayden. The first meeting I had with them after my life was getting back on track again, I will always remember. Their eyes were popping out of their sockets as I strode into their coffeeshop, back in my old clothes and Louboutin's.

"Come on Linn, stop freaking out. We wanted to play a game, we did and now we can strike that off the bucket list."

"Yeah... not awkward at all..." Linda said through her teeth, oozing sarcasm.

I laughed at her embarrassed face. "It's not that I haven't had sex before, or seen you guys have it." It was the most natural thing in the world to watch people have sex; at least in my world.

"You thought I was a little poor girl, didn't you? I actually have a company to run."

"I feel... gullible."

"Actually, you've done more for me than I can ever repay. And I hope you'll forgive me and that we can still be friends."

"You have already done enough by helping us both during Linda's escape and recovery. I'm proud to have you as a friend," Jayden said and his eyes vouched for sincerity.

* * *

I got myself a flat in Liverpool, just by Limestreet, and Linda was there when I moved in. It was easy to hang with her, but I couldn't help throw little innuendos about our shared sexual experience and she blushed embarrassed. Arnaud would have loved to get to know her.

He had been spot on when he sent me after Jayden; I had gotten a new start in life and was determined to make most of it.

* * *

During the months that followed I was busy running my company and get reacquainted with Maria and Paris who had missed me terribly during my absence.

I invited them to my new flat in Paris and they happily showed up.

"It is so good to have you back," Maria sighed content. "You have even put on some weight again; here." She squeezed my bum and I couldn't help but to smile.

"I know a few spots up front that start to regain their former glory as well." Paris was eyeing me in a way that somebody else might have been offended by.

I simply smiled. "Thank you girls, you sure know what to say to make a girl feel pretty..." I might have been a little sarcastic.

"It's just too bad that here isn't a jacuzzi on the balcony." Maria's eyes twinkled as she inspected the flat. "But you still own the hotel, no?"

I pinned her with my eyes. "I do." It was just too painful to see myself back there and I put it off. "Some day perhaps..." I sighed and she hugged me, knowing exactly how much she wanted to take my pain away.

"I have handcuffs that I'm sure we can put good use to if you're up to it." She wiggled her eyebrows, making me laugh.

"If you're nice I'll let you take me to that sadistic wax lady again." I smiled towards her.