Chapter Four-Victoria Cross-Blood Night-(V)

'Anne', Christopher said. 

'I'm afraid', she said. 

'It's alright. Besides, there's a legend of the Vampires of Mist Gate. I heard about Harold Carnavan. In 1626, there was a vampire killer. He staked Carnavan in the heart. And he died. Others took his place at the Royal Vampire Court. A boy named Simon tripped on the cobbled stones of Mist Gate. The wrought-iron gate was open. And he fell in love with the youngest vampire daughter, Lady Gemma Carnavan. But their love ended after their brief marriage when Simon found more bodies of humans in the deep woods. Lady Gemma was evil in the purest level; evil. Some say she used him to her advantage. In short, Simon was turned by one of Lady Gemma's sisters in the thick fog. That was in London, England, in 1822', Christopher related to her. 

'And the sister was bonded to him?', Anne asked him. 

'That is true. Bonded by blood. Of course, Simon was innocent. He never wanted to be turned'. Anne shivered. 

'And now there's a vampire called Victoria Cross', Anne said.

'The second cousin to the Carnavan vampire Royal Family', Christopher said.

And he showed her an old black and white photograph of the two hundred and fifty year old female vampire.

***

Page 5.