Chapter Twenty Two♥

Start from the beginning

"I see your point," Lucy agreed, "But at the same time I don't. Jade you're crazy about him, he's crazy about you. Just be his girlfriend and live happily ever after. Simple!"

"I can't be his girlfriend!" I protested, although the very thought of being Jared's girlfriend made me feel all warm and fuzzy, "We haven't even been on a date."

"So what?" Lucy dismissed, "You nearly had sex on a pool table, you're past dating!"

"Lucy!" I hissed, my eyes moving to the driver who had clearly heard what she had just said by the obvious smirk on his face. "You can't just go shouting that around!"

"Sorry." Lucy giggled, "But seriously Jade, you should try and talk to him tonight if he's there."

"I don't know, I tried to talk to him in English but he practically blanked me." I mumbled, remembering how he hadn't even bothered to look at me when I attempted to have a conversation with him, "You should have seen Darren's face. He looked so smug. Dickhead!"

"Of course he's smug. Now that Jared's not all over you he probably thinks he has a chance." Lucy scoffed, her tone becoming harsh as she thought about my asshat of an ex-boyfriend.

"He has no chance in hell!" I snorted.

"Good because I'm team Jared." Lucy grinned.

I rolled my eyes at my best friend, "This isn't Twilight Lucy."

"You're right, it's even better than Twilight!"

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

By the time we managed to find where Miles was throwing his party we were half an hour late. He had managed to find a small clearing in the forest and had positioned a few logs around the blazing bonfire. Someone had parked their car nearby and was using their stereo to blare rock music. Drink bottles were strewn over the dirty ground along with cigarette butts and joints.

"Wow, there's so many people!" Lucy squealed excitedly.

It was true, the place was crawling with teenagers. I didn't recognise half the crowd because they were from Haven High but I noticed that a few other people from Easton High had showed up.

"Come on, let's get a drink!" I yelled to her over the music.

She nodded and linked her arm through mine as we made our way to the various coolers that had been placed beside the logs. I grabbed a pear cider and Lucy riffled through the various bottles before she settled on an apple cider.

I was glad I had dressed for the cold weather, I had decided on a pair of ripped jeans, a lacy white vest top and my favourite leather jacket, since my hair had gone longer it had become less curly and more wavy, so I had just left it as it was, realising it was going to get messed up outside anyway.

"Oi Jade!" Someone yelled.

I glanced over my shoulder to see Aiden. He was sat on a log near the fire, a pretty girl beside him. He waved me over and I obliged, Lucy beside me as we went to greet him.

"Hey." I smiled at him.

"Hey, this is Alison, my brother's best friend." Aiden introduced the brown haired girl beside him. "This is Jade and Lucy."

"Nice to meet you." Alison smiled, her tone slightly shy.

"Are you here with Jared?" Aiden smirked.

I cleared my throat awkwardly, "No, I'm just here with Lucy."

"Oh." Aiden frowned in confusion, "I would have thought you two would come together. I thought you guys were a couple or something?"