0: Prologue

-Hermione's POV-

I feel like I'm always falling into an endless pit of despair ever since the war ended and we lost so many friends and family, even me. While I was on the hunt with Harry and Ron, my parents still ended up getting found by death eaters and getting tortured for information even though they didn't know who I was or that they had a daughter. Even after I erased their memory of me they still got found and died because of me.

And I've lost so many friends, Tonks, Remus, Snape, Dumbledore, Colin, hell even Percy, but worst of all my godson lost his parents and now I'm taking care of him since Harry and Ginny are expecting a child of their own so I just took Teddy in and adopted him, Ron and I broke up... I guess even though we weren't together per sei, but what are you gonna do?

Anyway, I'm just here sitting in my room at the burrow thinking... thinking hard on whether I should leave for a while or not. Honestly, I need it and Teddy needs it but I need somewhere to go...

Right, my dad had a friend in America that he was really close to even before I had to erase his memory, I met him a couple of times... well not a couple but I know him very well, he even knows I'm a witch, he could be like my uncle. Anyway, maybe I should call him and tell him the news if he doesn't already know which I hope he doesn't.

I go downstairs to see Molly and Arthur in the kitchen making lunch.

"Hey Molly, could I possibly leave Teddy with you for maybe an hour or so..." I ask

She turns to me, "Of course sweetie, I know being a mother can be hard"

"Thank you so much, he's sleeping and he'll most likely be asleep the whole time I'm gone but if he does wake up he'll be hungry there's food in his diaper bag which is in my room" I say while grabbing my jumper and shoes

"Of course, let me know if you'll be any later" she says while chopping up vegetables

"Ok, please tell me if there's any trouble"

"I know, I know now go he'll be just fine" she says

"Ok I'll see you later" I say while hugging her

I apparate to muggle London since technology doesn't work in the wizarding world, I go to a small cafe to get coffee and some biscuits so I can make the call. I pick up my phone and look for Charlie's contact and press call.

The phone rings for a little while then I hear a deep males voice say "Sheriff Swan speaking"

"Hi Mr.Swan, this is Hermione Granger...um Richard Granger's daughter"

It's silent for a good ten seconds before he speaks again "Of course, of course how have you and your parents been?"

Now it's my turn to be silent, it's a minute before he says "Hello, Hermione is everything ok?"

"Right... um... sorry it's just t-that... um, something bad happened and I'm glad you're hearing this from me and not someone else..."

"What happened!? Is everything ok!? Did something happen to you!? To your parents!? Hermione!? Please what happened!?" he starts saying frantically

"um..." I choke back a sob "uh... s-so I'll explain in more detail later b-but my parents died and I was wondering if my son and I could come to stay...VISIT with you c-cause..." I start crying tears running down my cheeks onto the napkins on the table I'm sitting at

"H-Hermione... I-I just talked to your dad not too long ago..." he trails off and I can hear a muffled sob over the phone "I-I just don't u-understa..." I hear a full-on cry

"I-I know I'm so, so s-sorry... this is all my f-fault..." I say crying now and I can see people around the cafe staring at me

"Hermione... Hermione, you did nothing wrong none of this is your fault you didn't choose to be magical... it chose you." he says sympathetically "Did you ask if you could come stay?"